× Members

WRAG to Support Group after reconsideration.

• TR
  • Topic Author
12 years 1 week ago #83232 by TR
After my medical in December 2011 I was placed in the WRA Group, a decision I was more than happy with at the time, as my stumbling block to gain entry into the Support Group, was that I could hear but I couldn't see.

Then in January your Newsletter highlighted the new Medical Services guidelines which came into force on the 23/1/11 for “Activity 7 - Understanding Communication” when I read these new guidelines I realised that visual impairment alone could get one placed in the Support Group. The new guidelines were effective before my medical yet at my assessment I was sure they had been ignored.
I immediately sent off for a copy of my Medical Report and reading through it can to the conclusion that the HCP failed to take into account or quite possibly had not been aware of the new guidelines.
By this time I was out of time to launch an appeal , by two days, so I wrote a letter, enclosing a copy of the New Guidelines and asking for the DWP to reconsider their earlier decision and place me in the Support group as I believed that the guidelines were not taken into consideration at the medical.
To my delight, today, I received a letter stating that I had now been placed in the Support Group.
If it wasn't for the hard work of the everyone at the Benefits and Works, I am sure these new guidelines would not have come to light. Thank you for all your Newsletters and Updates, they have been invaluable.
I only hope that the DWP will retrospectively reconsider all claimants that completed “Activity 7” to make sure that the new guidelines have been adhered to.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 1 week ago #83240 by bro58
TR wrote:

After my medical in December 2011 I was placed in the WRA Group, a decision I was more than happy with at the time, as my stumbling block to gain entry into the Support Group, was that I could hear but I couldn't see.

Then in January your Newsletter highlighted the new Medical Services guidelines which came into force on the 23/1/11 for “Activity 7 - Understanding Communication” when I read these new guidelines I realised that visual impairment alone could get one placed in the Support Group. The new guidelines were effective before my medical yet at my assessment I was sure they had been ignored.
I immediately sent off for a copy of my Medical Report and reading through it can to the conclusion that the HCP failed to take into account or quite possibly had not been aware of the new guidelines.
By this time I was out of time to launch an appeal , by two days, so I wrote a letter, enclosing a copy of the New Guidelines and asking for the DWP to reconsider their earlier decision and place me in the Support group as I believed that the guidelines were not taken into consideration at the medical.
To my delight, today, I received a letter stating that I had now been placed in the Support Group.
If it wasn't for the hard work of the everyone at the Benefits and Works, I am sure these new guidelines would not have come to light. Thank you for all your Newsletters and Updates, they have been invaluable.
I only hope that the DWP will retrospectively reconsider all claimants that completed “Activity 7” to make sure that the new guidelines have been adhered to.

Hi TR,

That's great news. :)

Well done for gaining entry to the Support Group, and thank you very much for your kind comments.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.