× Members

Attending WFI alone

More
12 years 1 month ago #83238 by clearwater
Attending WFI alone was created by clearwater
Is it wise to attend your ESA Work focused interview alone,would it cause problems with DLA Mob+Care and WRAG.Severe depression and anxiety make things difficult.I see my consultant monthly and am on many heavy medications.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #83243 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Attending WFI alone
clearwater wrote:

Is it wise to attend your ESA Work focused interview alone,would it cause problems with DLA Mob+Care and WRAG.Severe depression and anxiety make things difficult.I see my consultant monthly and am on many heavy medications.

Hi CW,

If you need support due to your limitations or care needs, you are perfectly entitled to be accompanied at the WFI by a carer, friend or relative.

Have you thought of contacting the WFI adviser at the JC Plus, to inform them of your predicament.

Many members have had their WFI's carried out over the phone.

The adviser can also defer the WFI's, and they can be carried out at your home.

None of the above however, except for the right to be accompanied, is a given right, and is purely discretionary.

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by bro58. Reason: extra info

More
12 years 1 month ago #83254 by clearwater
Replied by clearwater on topic Re:Attending WFI alone
Thanks Bro, I have no one I could take.I don't want to go then have a little meltdown,but it could also be ok.
I don't want to put anyone,s back up and was hoping for an answer would happen if I was alone.
Do they really have telephone interviews?

• bro58
12 years 1 month ago #83260 by bro58
clearwater wrote:

Thanks Bro, I have no one I could take.I don't want to go then have a little meltdown,but it could also be ok.
I don't want to put anyone,s back up and was hoping for an answer would happen if I was alone.
Do they really have telephone interviews?

Hi CW,

Yes, I can assure you that they do carry out WFI's over the phone where applicable.

Many members have actually had their WFI's over the phone.

Maybe some of them will post here to assure you.

If you can enlist the support of your Consultant or G.P. in this matter, that may also help.

bro58

More
12 years 1 month ago #83266 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:Attending WFI alone
Yes, but WFIs conducted over the telephone are at the discretion of the adviser and a claimant cannot insist that they are conducted by this method.

However, you may be able to ask for a telephone inteview to be treated as a reasonable adjustment under the terms of sections 20 - 22 of the Equality Act 2010.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
12 years 1 month ago #83268 by bro58
Hi CW,

It is important that you make them aware beforehand, of any limitations that may stop you from attending alone, or cause severe distress, pain or discomfort.

Assumptions may be made if you manage to attend alone, especially if this fact is contradictory to your expressed limitations/disabilities/care needs.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.