× Members

IB to ESA transfer

More
12 years 1 week ago #83278 by anne
IB to ESA transfer was created by anne
Just 2 Q's which I will make as brief as possible.

1) I have been on IB since 1996. My last medical was 15 March 2009 (ATOS), obviously for IB. I received a letter to say that I had met the requirements & that my next review would be 15th March 2010, (which would obviously be for ESA) I have heard nothing since. Is this period of delay not unusual? I am nowhere near retirement age

2) Is it true that if you are able to attend an ESA medical then you are automatically assumed to be able to travel, sit, mobilise even though it might require extra medication to be able to do so?

Thank you in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #83280 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:IB to ESA transfer
anne wrote:

Just 2 Q's which I will make as brief as possible.

1) I have been on IB since 1996. My last medical was 15 March 2009 (ATOS), obviously for IB. I received a letter to say that I had met the requirements & that my next review would be 15th March 2010, (which would obviously be for ESA) I have heard nothing since. Is this period of delay not unusual? I am nowhere near retirement age

2) Is it true that if you are able to attend an ESA medical then you are automatically assumed to be able to travel, sit, mobilise even though it might require extra medication to be able to do so?

Thank you in advance

Hi A,

The migration process for recipients of IB to ESA, did not start nationally untill Feb/March 2011.

Many members have seen their IB review date come and go, without being migrated over to ESA.

You will continue to receive IB, until you receive written notification that you are being transferred to ESA, and the ESA WCA process has been completed, and you receive written notification of the decision regarding an award of ESA, so you have no worries there.

The ball is firmly in their court, regarding your migration.

It could occur anytime between now and Spring 2014.

With regards to your other question, assumptions may be made by the ATOS HCP, who carries out a face to face assessment, regarding how the claimant managed to attend the assessment.

Many members have been transferred over to ESA, without the need for a face to face assessment.

The more information that is provided in the ESA50, and any added evidence, the more chance of a transfer without a face to face medical.

You may wish to review the following :

IB, IS, SDA, Migration to ESA FAQ’s

ESA FAQ’s

ESA Guides

Hope this helps

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 1 week ago by bro58. Reason: Extra info

More
12 years 1 week ago #83283 by sally-jane
Replied by sally-jane on topic Re:IB to ESA transfer
My IB sincer 1996, I was told at the last IB med that I would be on IB until pension,- then it was aged 60.Told not to worry about a thing, next IB assesment was due in 2015.
All change, now pension 66, cos of being female, IB stopped and had form for ESA in Sept/Oct 2011, placed in WRAG, now sorting out an appeal.
Next thing will be the DLA. Placed on DLA HM/HC components listed for life/indefinite award, but hey ho that will be changed as will no doubt soon get a form for that one too.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.