× Members

IB to ESA

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #83284 by Rachias
IB to ESA was created by Rachias
Hi there
From the information in your guide I understand that after the letter and the phone call but before ESA50 the decision maker may make a decision on the ESA claim based on the information they already have from claimant's existing benefit (IB).
At this stage would the decision maker also have available and take into account responses to the claimant's DLA application (from 2010)? Thank you for your help. Rachias
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #83288 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:IB to ESA
Rachias

I can't say it is impossible, but I think it very unlikely, ESA and DLA have very different criteria and assessment processes, so there really is no reason for a DM to look at your DLA reports in the first instance.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 1 month ago #83290 by sally-jane
Replied by sally-jane on topic Re: IB to ESA
I am not sure if they look or take on board previous IB/DLA claim, especially in mine or other cases noted on this site.

More
12 years 1 month ago #83308 by Rachias
Replied by Rachias on topic Re: IB to ESA
Hi and thanks for your responses. I think that there is a point between the 'phone call' but before the ESA50 where the decision maker considers what they already know about the claimant to see if they can make a decision at that point before sending out an ESA50. What puzzles me is that if the info comes from the original IB claim it would probably be at least two or three years out of date. May be a GP supportive letter giving an update at this point might be a good idea?
Rachias.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #83312 by sally-jane
Replied by sally-jane on topic Re: IB to ESA
Yes use your GP if he is a supportive one and show him the descriptor accessment to help him write a letter.
Mine is not interested, but that is his perogative.Furthermore ATOS can do it over the phone to your GP without your knowledge, and see if this has been recorded in your GP notes, if this is done.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #83338 by Rachias
Replied by Rachias on topic Re: IB to ESA
Thanks Pusscatsmum and good luck! Rachias

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.