× Members

AWAY FROM HOME WHILST ON ESA

More
12 years 4 weeks ago - 12 years 4 weeks ago #83398 by DaPa
Replied by DaPa on topic Re:AWAY FROM HOME WHILST ON ESA
Are you required to notify them if you are away for between 3 and 5 days in the UK?

This notification issue, does it just apply when you are nearing call up for an assessment/medical?

Regards.
Last edit: 12 years 4 weeks ago by Gordon.
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 4 weeks ago #83399 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:AWAY FROM HOME WHILST ON ESA
WeDesign wrote:

Are you required to notify them if you are away for between 3 and 5 days in the UK?

This notification issue, does it just apply when you are nearing call up for an assessment/medical?

Regards.

Yes and no.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
More
12 years 4 weeks ago #83400 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re:AWAY FROM HOME WHILST ON ESA
I believe we are required to notify any time spent away from home, overnight, whilst in receipt of ESA.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
More
12 years 4 weeks ago #83402 by DaPa
So, in theory, if I go out for the evening and I am staying at a colleagues residence I have to notify the DWP?

Regards.
More
12 years 4 weeks ago #83409 by sally-jane
Replied by sally-jane on topic Re:AWAY FROM HOME WHILST ON ESA
It seems so, too big brother for me, hence my comment.
Moreover if they are able to not read paperwork sent to them properly, keep us all on tenderhooks etc, I will wing it where poss. I know its wrong but it is up to us and if they do not jump up and down and yell this re not being in the house 24/7/ then so what. Just my anger boiling on this subject to make us feel even more like beggars
More
12 years 4 weeks ago #83413 by DaPa
Jim Allison wrote:

If you don't tell them, and they just happen to try to contact if you're away, might face some awkward questions on return

As CD advised, you are obliged to tell them where you can be found if away from home.

We are not obliged to take a phone call from the DWP which has been highlighted in the FAQ'S.

I they phone you and you don't answer does it really matter, surely they will then write to you.

Regards.
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.