× Members

ESA medical yesterday

• bulliemad
  • Topic Author
12 years 1 month ago #83348 by bulliemad
ESA medical yesterday was created by bulliemad
had my medical yesterday and am a bit bemused by it, arrived 10mins early and they kept me waiting a further 40mins, i could of cried sitting waiting as it was such a horrible place and my partner said afterwards she felt like crying to as what they are doing to people is so bad and underhanded,she asked me what my illnesses where despite she had my form and everything wrote down in front of her, i described my illnesses and symptoms how they affect me, asked how i got there, if i cook, can shower and bathe, if i go shopping and how far the shops are, asked about a general day, and if i had any hobbies, and if i could use a telephone, then a woman knocked on the door and said something to her, then she came back and done my physical and that was it, alot of the questions that you have stated should be asked werent, probabley only a quarter to a third, and also as she was going through my form she didnt even ask about my mental health problems, and how they affect me, just breifly at the beginning, just seemed to be all about my physical problems, so i feel it was very vague, also my partner secretly recorded the interview, isnt the best recording but you still can hear what was being said etc, will i be able to use this if i need an appeal and if the medical states things that i clearly didnt say or will i not be able to?
also due to my anxiety being through the roof and feeling uncomfortable and just wanting to go home, i feel i could have answered the questions with a bit more depth than i did, but it is all down on my form, so if i didnt say stuff but its down on my form, the bits i forgot about at the interview will that be ok?
a very anxious bulliemad :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 1 month ago #83350 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:ESA medical yesterday
bulliemad wrote:

had my medical yesterday and am a bit bemused by it, arrived 10mins early and they kept me waiting a further 40mins, i could of cried sitting waiting as it was such a horrible place and my partner said afterwards she felt like crying to as what they are doing to people is so bad and underhanded,she asked me what my illnesses where despite she had my form and everything wrote down in front of her, i described my illnesses and symptoms how they affect me, asked how i got there, if i cook, can shower and bathe, if i go shopping and how far the shops are, asked about a general day, and if i had any hobbies, and if i could use a telephone, then a woman knocked on the door and said something to her, then she came back and done my physical and that was it, alot of the questions that you have stated should be asked werent, probabley only a quarter to a third, and also as she was going through my form she didnt even ask about my mental health problems, and how they affect me, just breifly at the beginning, just seemed to be all about my physical problems, so i feel it was very vague, also my partner secretly recorded the interview, isnt the best recording but you still can hear what was being said etc, will i be able to use this if i need an appeal and if the medical states things that i clearly didnt say or will i not be able to?
also due to my anxiety being through the roof and feeling uncomfortable and just wanting to go home, i feel i could have answered the questions with a bit more depth than i did, but it is all down on my form, so if i didnt say stuff but its down on my form, the bits i forgot about at the interview will that be ok?
a very anxious bulliemad :S

Hi BM,

I am sorry to hear that you and your partner found the assessment such an ordeal. :(

At least it is over with now.

You can use the recording for your own reference purposes.

Whether it could be used at a Tribunal Hearing, is a different matter.

They may accept transcripts of the audio recording, that is up to the Judge.

At least you have an accurate record of what was said.

With regards to your last question, I'm afraid that will depend on the ATOS HCP who carried out the assessment.

The best think to do now is try not to worry, it could be some time until you receive the results.

Cheers.

bro58

• bulliemad
  • Topic Author
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #83352 by bulliemad
Replied by bulliemad on topic Re:ESA medical yesterday
thanks bro58

but dont think it will be that long before i hear as she said about 3 weeks, and i got my medical within 3 weeks of returning my esa50, so seems like they doing things quite quickly up here, so no doubt my worrying will continue for a further few weeks, wish me luck
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.