× Members

won ESA appeal under section 29b

• nobby1
  • Topic Author
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #83379 by nobby1
won ESA appeal under section 29b was created by nobby1
Having initially scoring 0 points June 11 I appealed and won my case under section 29b which I was obviously delighted about But of course it was just another battle won not the war. I do not fully understand section 29b i heard from DWP 16/3/12 and have been placed in the Wrag group would i be wise to ask why Wrag and not support as come June 12 due to long wait for appeal new rules mean I will lose my payment completely as I am lucky to have a fit husband that works full time. So after working full time from age 16 for over 25 years my illness is now going to take all my little financial independance as well.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #83385 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:won ESA appeal under section 29b
nobby1 wrote:

Having initially scoring 0 points June 11 I appealed and won my case under section 29b which I was obviously delighted about But of course it was just another battle won not the war. I do not fully understand section 29b i heard from DWP 16/3/12 and have been placed in the Wrag group would i be wise to ask why Wrag and not support as come June 12 due to long wait for appeal new rules mean I will lose my payment completely as I am lucky to have a fit husband that works full time. So after working full time from age 16 for over 25 years my illness is now going to take all my little financial independance as well.

Hi N1,

ESA Regulation 29 (b) gives you entry into the WRAG of ESA through "Exceptional Circumstances", see :

www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2008/794/regulation/29/made

You not have to score any points in the ESA WCA to gain entry to the WRAG this way.

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.