× Members

ESA reclaim - GP supporting letter??

More
12 years 1 week ago #83401 by Anna
Replied by Anna on topic Re:ESA reclaim - GP supporting letter??
Thank you. I cannot find the information about how many points you need to score for the support group. Please could you direct me. I'm panicking as I need to get it done but am struggling and am worried it's not going to be done in time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 1 week ago #83404 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:ESA reclaim - GP supporting letter??
bro58 wrote:

Mrs Hurtyback wrote:

By all means get your GP to write a letter in support of your claim and enclose it with your ESA50. Even better if your GP will refer to particular descriptors and say how s/he believes you meet the criteria. The DWP don't always ask your GP to comment.

Hi a02,

MHB is correct, if you can get your G.P. to draw direct reference to the SG Descriptors, that will help even more, see :

Qualifying for the Support Group

bro58

See the actual SG Descriptors here, also :

www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2011/228/schedule/2/made

To qualify you must fulfill at least one of them.

bro58

More
12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #83405 by sally-jane
Replied by sally-jane on topic Re:ESA reclaim - GP supporting letter??
Good luck with your GP on the section on relevant descriptors.
My GP practice have a policy it seems now not to do so,they say it is not in their remit to do so, and followed up with a comment that they have discussed it with the PCT, in this area of the S.West.
So despite them saying they wish to help, say I am not fit/ ever will be fit to work, they are not prepared to comply with the descriptors as they have been advised not too for any patient. Great news.
Last edit: 12 years 1 week ago by Gordon.

• bro58
12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #83406 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:ESA reclaim - GP supporting letter??
aej02 wrote:

Thank you. I cannot find the information about how many points you need to score for the support group. Please could you direct me. I'm panicking as I need to get it done but am struggling and am worried it's not going to be done in time.

Hi a02,

We crossed posts, I think. :)

Not points, see the SG Descriptors that you must fulfill at least one of :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?func=vie...imit=6&start=6#83404

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 1 week ago by bro58.

More
12 years 1 week ago #83407 by Anna
Replied by Anna on topic Re:ESA reclaim - GP supporting letter??
THis link is not working. I apologise.

More
12 years 1 week ago #83408 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:ESA reclaim - GP supporting letter??
pusscatsmum wrote:

Good luck with your GP on the section on relevant descriptors.
My GP practice have a policy it seems now not to do so,they say it is not in their remit to do so, and followed up with a comment that they have discussed it with the PCT, in this area of the S.West.
So despite them saying they wish to help, say I am not fit/ ever will be fit to work, they are not prepared to comply with the descriptors as they have been advised not too for any patient. Great news.

Unfortunately your GP has no legal obligation to provide assistance and many don't.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.