× Members

Incapacity benefit to Esa

• pjd
  • Topic Author
12 years 4 weeks ago #83418 by pjd
Incapacity benefit to Esa was created by pjd
Hi there,

I know I will probably sound a bit dim asking this, but despite all the great info. provided on the B&W site, I am still a little confused about the process of what will happen to me next.

My incapacity benefit is due for 'renewal' shortly, where I will be transfered over to esa. I'm aware of the back log and that there is no way of knowing exactly when I will be contacted. Could anyone tell me the most likely way in which the dwp will make 'contact'. Will I a)get an esa form, or b) receive a phone call, or c) sent for a medical, or d) they contact my GP for a report, or e) dwp make a decision based on my medical info. from my previous incapacity claim. This was 5 years ago, and my health has continued to deteriorate considerably more since then.

Do the dwp contact you beforehand to tell me how they are going to be dealing with my claim? I guess that I am just trying to find out the most common way that IB people are transferred over to ESA. Its driving me so crazy thinking about what happens next, that I dread the phone ringing or when the post arrives, and I haven't even started the process yet. :lol: Any advice would be great. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #83420 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re:Incapacity benefit to Esa
Hello and welcome to B+W.

You might find the answers to some of your questions here

The Transfer Process

If not, please post again and we will try to help you :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
12 years 4 weeks ago #83421 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Incapacity benefit to Esa
pjd wrote:

Hi there,

I know I will probably sound a bit dim asking this, but despite all the great info. provided on the B&W site, I am still a little confused about the process of what will happen to me next.

My incapacity benefit is due for 'renewal' shortly, where I will be transfered over to esa. I'm aware of the back log and that there is no way of knowing exactly when I will be contacted. Could anyone tell me the most likely way in which the dwp will make 'contact'. Will I a)get an esa form, or b) receive a phone call, or c) sent for a medical, or d) they contact my GP for a report, or e) dwp make a decision based on my medical info. from my previous incapacity claim. This was 5 years ago, and my health has continued to deteriorate considerably more since then.

Do the dwp contact you beforehand to tell me how they are going to be dealing with my claim? I guess that I am just trying to find out the most common way that IB people are transferred over to ESA. Its driving me so crazy thinking about what happens next, that I dread the phone ringing or when the post arrives, and I haven't even started the process yet. :lol: Any advice would be great. Thanks.

Hi pjd,

The first point of contact with regards to your migration to ESA, will be in the form of a letter.

Please see : The Transfer Process

For a greater understanding of the migration process.

You may also which to review :

IB, IS, SDA, Migration to ESA FAQ’s

ESA FAQ’s

&

ESA Guides

Cheers

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.