× Members

ESA (IR) working hubby - DLA middle rate care

More
12 years 1 month ago #83433 by sugaplum
I read somewhere that IR ESA I have no chance applying for once my CB ESA ends. BUT ...

I am in receipt of DLA middle rate care and my working hubby is my sole carer.

Am I right in thinking that his paid job doesn't count if he cares for me on middle rate care component DLA?

I also receive mobility high - until next year when I lose that aswell.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #83468 by Gordon
sickasachip

The means test for ESA(IR) is as follows

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

Asset rule for ESA(IR)

Income rule for ESA(IR)

If you are asking if your husbands income will count with regard to Carers Allowance, then this will depend.

First, your husband needs to be providing you with 35 hours care a week to be eligible for CA. He can earn wages from an additional "job", but not more than £100/w.

The rules regarding what is and is not included in the £100 are complicated and beyond what we can comment on in the forum. You should seek face to face advice with your local CAB or Welfare Rights office for more details on this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.