× Members

INCOME RESTRICTIONS

More
12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #83450 by skyblue4u
INCOME RESTRICTIONS was created by skyblue4u
Hello. I think i understand that the the new PIP when introduced will not be means tested, but what about the ESA and the the unerversal credit? Presuming a person gets into the support group and have been claiming incapcity benifit since 1993 and been claiming a full ill health pension since 1997. What effects does this mean to your ESA payments , presuming your in the supports group. Will pensions be disregarded, tax etc. Many thanks again
Last edit: 12 years 1 week ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #83457 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:INCOME RESTRICTIONS
skyblue wrote:

Hello. I think i understand that the the new PIP when introduced will not be means tested, but what about the ESA and the the unerversal credit? Presuming a person gets into the support group and have been claiming incapcity benifit since 1993 and been claiming a full ill health pension since 1997. What effects does this mean to your ESA payments , presuming your in the supports group. Will pensions be disregarded, tax etc. Many thanks again

The Universal Credit will replace all income related benefits such as IS and ESA(IR), but will not replace any contribution based ones e.g. ESA(CB).

ESA(IR) and I would assume the UC will take all income into account when calculating eligibility.

ESA(CB) will continue to have an £85/w disregard followed by a £1 deduction for every £2 of pension income in excess of the £85, unless the claimant is covered by the Transitional Protection having been transferred from IB, where there pension, if it was disregarded under IB will continue to disregarded under ESA(CB) while they remain eligible for ESA or until 2020.

Being in the Support Group is not relevant to what dedictions a claimant might be liable to.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 12 years 1 week ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.