× Members

Dwp say they haven't recd letter re medical bundle

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #83767 by ritz
Hi all,

I posted my letter, recorded delivery on 26/1/2012 requesting evidence that decision maker used in reaching decision to place me in WRAG.

As its approaching 2 months thought I would give them a call to find out when I can expect to receive it. Well they said there is no note on their records to say that it's been received!

What should I do? Has this happened to anyone else?

He said he will look into it but what if they've lost it?

I thought the recorded delivery would have avoided this very situation

Thanks for any replies in advance
Ritcracker
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #83772 by slugsta
I am not an expert here, but I don't think there is any specific time-frame in which you have to request the evidence. Although it will be a nuisance if DWP have lost the request, it doesn't mean that you will not get the paperwork.

Or did you mean that you think they might have lost your file altogether?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #83773 by ritz
Thanks for your reply.

No not my whole file just my letter requesting their evidence. They do appear to have lost it, what's the point of requesting it in writing via recorded delivery. Wouldn't it just be better to ring them up?

Someone has just phoned me back to say they will send out evidence to me next week.

Can't believe how incompetent dwp are!
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

More
12 years 1 month ago #83775 by slugsta
Yes, I agree that many people at DWP seem to be less than efficient! I also agree that it seems a waste of time and money using recorded delivery if things go astray once they have arrived.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #83779 by sally-jane
I suppose they are so very busy shuffling paper from one side of the desk to the other and this makes it so easy to lose peices of paper that is not permitted to be stapled together.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

More
12 years 1 month ago #83790 by ritz
Lol.

3 different people rang me back from 3 seperate departments before they ascertained exactly what it was I was asking for. I basically re read the copy of my original letter to her. Such a joke!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.