× Members

ATOS home visit request

More
12 years 1 month ago - 10 years 7 months ago #83812 by northernlass
ATOS home visit request was created by northernlass
I have been given a date for an ATOS medical at my local centre in a couple of weeks time for the ESA migration.
My question is even though the centre is just within my travelling tolerance, am I likely to be successful in obtaining a home visit as I have recently been put on two types of morphine and struggling to cope with both the medication side effects and in finding the correct dose for my pain.
Sorry to be long winded bt I'm really having problems thinking and ordering my thoughts.
Thanks for any help in advance.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #83816 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:ATOS home visit request
NL

You can request a home medical but ATOS are under no obligation to provide it. At the very least you will need your GP to provide a letter in support of you being seen at home, and why it it would be unwise for you to attend at an ATOS HealthCare centre.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 1 month ago #83818 by northernlass
Replied by northernlass on topic Re:ATOS home visit request
Thank you very much for the quick reply Gordon. I thought that I had read somewhere that those on morphine had a better chance of a home visit. It seems that I was wrong.

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #111808 by lippy57
Replied by lippy57 on topic Re:ATOS home visit request
I am sorry to but in on this topic but a friend of mine asked his doctor to fax a letter explaining why he needs a home visit, atos completely ignore it and have sent him another appointment.
looking on atos website they state
If it is clear that you are able to attend GP/hospital appointments, you will normally be expected to attend an assessment centre
I find this really unfair and particularly if the centre isn't on the ground floor like many many hospitals and gps surgerys are
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

More
10 years 7 months ago #111810 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ATOS home visit request
I don't disagree with you lippy. The problem is that home visits are entirely at the discretion of ATOS, there is no regulation to compel them to carry these out.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.