× Members

DLA evidence at Reconsider Placed in Support Group

• BLUEBELLSPRING
  • Topic Author
12 years 4 weeks ago - 12 years 4 weeks ago #84296 by BLUEBELLSPRING
I was placed in WRAG and asked for a Reconsideration using my DLA award as evidence that I met the criteria for the Support Group and I won!

I used the following in my arguments:

1. Bladder incontinance - which is why I have the highest award for DLA Care.

2. Mobility - How far I can walk, all stated as reasons for my highest award for DLA which meets the Support Group criteria.

I also used my high blood pressure and 2 admittances for chest pain in the past 3 years as an argument that extra stress when already ill could precipate a heart attack. I mentioned BMA research results that stated that the majority of patients like me repeatedly admitted to hospital for chest pains, later to go on to develop heart disease etc. Serious cardiac problems are another criteria for the Support Group.

I also used 'extenuating circumstances' and argued my corner.

I enclosed a copy of my Award letters for DLA.

Hope this is useful for people on DLA who wish to ask for a Reconsideration or go to Appeal re being put in the Support Group

Last edit: 12 years 4 weeks ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #84297 by Gordon
BBS

Congratulations and thanks for letting us know.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• pjd
12 years 4 weeks ago #84306 by pjd
Congratulations also.

Can I ask you if mentioned your dla award on your initial esa50 form, or whether it was only when you were placed in the WRAG group and asking for reconsideration that it was first mentioned.

thanks.

• BLUEBELLSPRING
  • Topic Author
12 years 4 weeks ago #84314 by BLUEBELLSPRING
Replied by BLUEBELLSPRING on topic Re:DLA evidence at Reconsider Placed in Support Group
Thank you PJD

Strangely, I did not mention my DLA Award on the questionnaire. It simply did not occur to me.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing! Obvious now.

All the information was there that showed I met the criteria for the Support Group ie bladder incontinance, but I did not mention my DLA Award for it.I suspect them actually seeing the DLA Award letter tipped the balance.

Used THEIR OWN WORDS to argue my case.

• pjd
12 years 4 weeks ago #84317 by pjd
Thanks BBS

The reason I ask is I am currently awaiting transfer from IB to ESA very shortly. I was awarded DLA full HRM and MRC indefinately a year or so ago after going to appeal. I also never considered including this info on the esa50 claim when it comes. I am wondering now whether it would actually be a good idea to do so, or could it be a negative.

This whole thing is completely stressing me out before its even begun, ha.

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #84319 by paul
I receive hrc, hrm ,but still placed in work group! i am about to appeal will it harm me to mention this on appeal? I have been diagnosed with two serious conditions and have arthritis and asthma.I am beginning to give up!Thanks for listening!
:woohoo: :woohoo:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.