× Members

DLA evidence at Reconsider Placed in Support Group

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #84366 by sally-jane
I too believe that my reconsideration b4 an appeal was that my CAB representative put on my form that I was in receipt of HRDLA C/M which I did not mention on the ESA form. I was then placed in supprt group.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #84387 by slugsta
pjd wrote:

p.s. has the 'posting times' been changed now as I thought it was between 8-10pm only.

The site owner, Steve, has to manually open and close the forum. Sometimes he is out or doing other things and has to open early or close late. However, he has requested that people honour the official opening times as moderators may not be around to approve posts at other times.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• BLUEBELLSPRING
  • Topic Author
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #84415 by BLUEBELLSPRING
Replied by BLUEBELLSPRING on topic Re:DLA evidence at Reconsider Placed in Support Group
pjd wrote:

Hi BBS

Thanks for your reply.

You dont fancy filling my form in for me do you, haha.

I have spent weeks going round in circles trying to get my brain to work properly due to my chronic ill health, yet I still struggle to make even one paragraph make any sense, and I cant seem to concentrate from one minute to the minute. I know it sounds daft but I wouldnt even now how to start listing reasons on A4 paper. I Know I will just have to persevere and do what the best I can. (I think I may have to have a go on the lottery this week just in case its my lucky week, haha)

Thanks anyway.

I hear what you are saying PJD. I felt like that at the time I was doing it. Don't underestimate your ability. Just list things. I suspect it will be much better than you think.

If you live near a church or university you could advertise for a volunteer to help you fill out the form. Say you are disabled. Put it on one of their notice boards. You could contact the Students Union directly. They might know of someone who like to do a bit of 'voluntary work'.

Never give up and always 'think around the box' re your problems. :) Bluebell
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

• susiesaewassay
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #84560 by susiesaewassay
Replied by susiesaewassay on topic Re:DLA evidence at Reconsider Placed in Support Group
I have been incontinent of both bowel and bladder for many years I was awarded middle rate care and high mobility in 1999 for an indefinate period never knew you could get high rate care for incontinence it may be that I never put it down on the initial claim I have now deterioated further and I am having to go for test at the hospital, don`t suppose it`s worth rocking the boat and trying to go for high care?
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

More
12 years 1 month ago #84562 by slugsta
Hi Sue,

Firstly, welcome to Benefits and Work. It appears that your forum nameis your real name. Many people prefer to use a nickname in order to maintain privacy.

My full name is showing

Of course,no-one can tell youi whether you should try for HRC.You might like to consider whether your current award might be in jeopardy if you were to ask for a re-assessment. Also, you need to think about whether you actually meet the requirements of the higher award, which is that you need care for a fair amount of time during both the day and night.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
12 years 1 month ago #84564 by bro58
SueEmmerson wrote:

I have been incontinent of both bowel and bladder for many years I was awarded middle rate care and high mobility in 1999 for an indefinate period never knew you could get high rate care for incontinence it may be that I never put it down on the initial claim I have now deterioated further and I am having to go for test at the hospital, don`t suppose it`s worth rocking the boat and trying to go for high care?

Hi SE,

If you feel that your medical conditions and resulting limitations/care needs have increased to such an extent that you might now qualify for a higher award of DLA, then you could request a review.

There is some risk involved though,in that your exisiting award would be looked at again, and could be decreased or lost.

See :

DLA Renewals and Change of Circumstances :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/dla/#dlachanges

DLA FAQ’s

DLA Guides

You may also like to obtain face to face advice to risk assess a review request, see :

Where to get advice?

It may also be advantageous to discuss the option of requesting a DLA review with your treating HCP at the Hospital and/or your G.P. to see whether they would be willing to offer their support.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.