× Members

DLA and Doctors Report

• Dragonia
  • Topic Author
11 years 11 months ago #84965 by Dragonia
DLA and Doctors Report was created by Dragonia
Hi there!

Regarding the report that the DWP send to your GP. Reading through the postings on the forum that deal with issue, i've come across several where the GP has gone through the form with the claimant. Is this unusual?

I lodged a renewal form for DLA in early March, in which I included a letter of support from my GP.

I received a reply from DWP last week, in which they said they'd asked for a report from my GP.

My main concern is that the report goes to the GP that knows me, and not the one listed on my records.

On phoning the surgery, they said that I do not need to be present when the form is filled in and the correct doctor will complete the form.

They said thus last time, but the gp listed on my records who I haven't seen for ten years, filled it in, which lead to an appeal and more time waiting.

Can anyone advise

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #84967 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:DLA and Doctors Report
Dragonia

Unfortunately, there is little you can do about this situation other than see the GP yo want to fill in the form for you, and explain how important it is that they do it.

Have you asked your GP to phone you, it may be that you can arrange a mutually convenient date when you could get together. Most surgeries will allow a double appointment to be booked, where more time is needed.

Failing that, the surgery are under no obligation to have a specific doctor complete the form, the argument being that you medical records should be up to date and therefore all of the info should be available to whoever completes it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Dragonia
  • Topic Author
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #85020 by Dragonia
Replied by Dragonia on topic Re:DLA and Doctors Report
Firstly, thanks for the advice

My GP is very supportive, even writing a letter of support which I enclosed with my application.
The problem is getting through the receptionists!!!!!

I'm sure lots of people have this problem ( fire breathing dragons are probably less daunting)

Any hints anyone?
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by Gordon.

• williej
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #85074 by williej
Replied by williej on topic Re:DLA and Doctors Report
Hi,My Dr has been great support in my DLA Care award,I have waited for about 1yr and ended at a tribunal where I was asked would I mind a DLA doctor doing a home visit I said I had waited this long and with my letters from my own GP I did not think I needed one but I would not object to it.
Well anyway I had a doctor home visit 5 weeks ago now and I have not heard any thing My nephew rang the help line in NI regarding what was happening with my case ( with my consent ) the woman was not helpful and just said we would have to wait.A terrible service and no customer care because that is what we are a customer with a number to them. She would not give her name as we wanted to complain about how she treated my nephew on the phone.....Sorry to rant but ............. I Wish You The Best of luck.
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by slugsta.

More
11 years 11 months ago #85075 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re:DLA and Doctors Report
I'm sorry to hear that you have been given the run-around like this. You are entitled to complain if you have not received the level of service you think acceptable

Complaining to DWP

This gives details for the mainland but I assume that things in NI will be pretty similar.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.