× Members

Can I claim DLA without ESA

• debbie51
  • Topic Author
12 years 2 days ago - 12 years 2 days ago #85022 by debbie51
Can I claim DLA without ESA was created by debbie51
Hi
I am currently appealing against being turned down for ESA after my medical. Do you know if I can put in for DLA even though I may not win my appeal for ESA.
Thank you
Last edit: 12 years 2 days ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 days ago #85023 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Can I claim DLA without ESA
debbie51 wrote:

Hi
I am currently appealing against being turned down for ESA after my medical. Do you know if I can put in for DLA even though I may not win my appeal for ESA.
Thank you

Yes you can, DLA and ESA are different benefits, although it may be worth your while requesting your ESA medical report to understand why you were rejected, in case it is used as evidence for your DLA claim, see

ESA medical – what forms to ask for?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 2 days ago - 12 years 2 days ago #85025 by gillyk59
Replied by gillyk59 on topic Re: Can I claim DLA without ESA
There is nothing to stop you from putting in a claim for DLA, the eligibility for DLA is different to ESA. DLA is for help with personal care and mobility. Hope this helps

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 12 years 2 days ago by slugsta.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.