× Members

help with ESA form

More
12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #85030 by kittygirl
help with ESA form was created by kittygirl
hi all,

many thanks for your reply a few weeks ago as I had not received my ESA 50 for, unlukily for me it appeared last week. I have been filling the downloaded form for the last 3 weeks so I'm ahead, but I would just like a few bits of advice please, I will keep it short.
1. I am on Temgesic which is a morphine based tablet, should I explain how the drug affects me as I suffer very bad spinal pain and there is no cure for me.

2. I suffer with retention and have to catherterise myself 3-4 hourly, but I have quite bad leakage problems even with pads I have to change, but will they see a catheter as a collection device?.

3.I have only just moved to a new area, so asking my new doctor for a letter of support could be a bit fraught,I have no consultants as I was discharged to my doctor, as they could do no more for me.

many thanks
Last edit: 12 years 1 week ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 week ago #85031 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re:help with ESA form
Hi Kitty,
1) Yes, include any information that might be helpful, including the side effects of your medication.

2) I am not sure. I suspect the argument will be that you do not suffer from complete involuntary voiding of the bladder but I'm sure another mod will be along to offer a more knowledgeable opinion.

3) I don't know whether your records will have arrived at your new surgery (they can sometimes be uploaded onto the computer the on the day you register, but paper records can take 6 weeks or so). However, it might be a good idea to make an appointment to go and introduce yourself to your new GP. Tell him/her what medeication you are on, precis your past history and let them know how things are for you at the moment.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 1 week ago #85036 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:help with ESA form
Kitty

Have a look at the WCA Handbook, there is a copy in the Members area, this is used by the ATOS "doctor" to guide their assessment, you want section 3.2.10.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.