× Members

Appeal papers recieved

• onlyadog
  • Topic Author
11 years 11 months ago #85077 by onlyadog
Appeal papers recieved was created by onlyadog
Hi again all hopeing for some advice as totally stressed at my wits end. I lodged my appeal back in november 2011 to be placed in support group after being transfered from IB to ESA wrag without medical. In early march this year i get a phone call out of the blue from my local job center plus(after putting in writing that i did not wish to be contacted or discuss on phone) from a lady informing me that she was a decision maker and was revieving my case prior to forwarding to appeal, she specifically asked me if i had any additional evidence i could submit before hand, i informed her that i was waiting for my GP to finish his report that very week and she asked me to forward it to her personally and gave me her name and address. The very next day the report was sent to her via special delivery complete with a covering letter mentioning our conversation , it arrived the day after that 16th march and was signed for( i have a copy of the royal mail reciept). Since it was sent i have tried six times to contact her to no avail either being left on hold or cut off after waiting forever now today 17th may i recieve my appeal papers saying i am off to tribunal, on the LT24 page it clearly mentions her phone call and the advice she gave me to forward additional evidence to her even a mention that she would keep me informed but then states no additional evidence has been recieved and as a result the decision is unchanged, both my GP and i have spent alot of time and effort to compile this report and for what, they are trying to say they havn't had it yet they signed for it over a month ago? Have tried to contact her again today, her office is less than 15 miles away yet after hours on phone i have ended up at the opposite end of the country twice with opologies and promises of call backs that never happen basically being given the runaround.
Sorry for the rant but can anyone offer advice as to my next course of action?? :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #85082 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Appeal papers recieved
Onlyadog

Unfortunately, the DWP's mail system is a law unto itself.

Unless you are able to contact the Decision Maker in question, I'm afraid there is little prospect of you resolving your claim prior to a Tribunal hearing, although the DWP are supposed to review all evidence that is submitted for the hearing.

Have you tried writing to her again, enclosing another copy of the report?

You may be able to make a complaint to the DWP, see

Complaining to the DWP

You could also contact your MP, to enlist their assistance, see

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• onlyadog
  • Topic Author
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #85094 by onlyadog
Replied by onlyadog on topic Re:Appeal papers recieved
Gordon thanks once again for the advice. Can't help thinking that this decision by the goverment to save money must actually be costing more, the battle continues. :side:
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by slugsta.

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #85136 by TCP
Replied by TCP on topic Re:Appeal papers recieved
The DWP are claiming on a regular basis that they are not receiving information from doctors and claimants and this is making me very suspicious.
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by slugsta.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.