× Members

transfer from IB

• sandy
  • Topic Author
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #85097 by sandy
transfer from IB was created by sandy
On 15th feb I recieved a notice about my benefit changing saying they would phone me. As my Mum had just died I wrote and asked them to postpone it. Two weeks later I received form ESA50. Then I had a phone call from benefit agency saying I could ignore form and they would get in touch after 11th April. I have now received a letter from Atos tellling me to go for a medical in 10 days time. I havn't had the 'phone call' or filled in ESA50. I am not sure what to think or do about this.
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #85116 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:transfer from IB
sandy wrote:

On 15th feb I recieved a notice about my benefit changing saying they would phone me. As my Mum had just died I wrote and asked them to postpone it. Two weeks later I received form ESA50. Then I had a phone call from benefit agency saying I could ignore form and they would get in touch after 11th April. I have now received a letter from Atos tellling me to go for a medical in 10 days time. I havn't had the 'phone call' or filled in ESA50. I am not sure what to think or do about this.

Whilst the fault clearly lies with the DWP, unless you have these Decsions in writing the onus falls on you to continue with the transfer process.

Try contacting the DWP to explain the situation, however, unless you receive different instructions, in writing, you must continue with the process.

To this end, my best advice is for you to complete the ESA50 as a matter of urgency. Once complete, send a copy to the DWP and ATOS with a covering letter explaining what has happened.

You should also take a copy with you to the medical, just in case your other copies do not make it throught the system, and you should insist that the ATOS "doctor" read it before continuing with the medical.

Good luck

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.