× Members

ESA stopped; reinstated at lower level.

More
11 years 11 months ago #85216 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:ESA stopped; reinstated at lower level.
Alliance

I'm not sure the letter you have received "re-instating" payments is actually a Decsiion letter, so you will still need to find out whether a Reconsideration has taken place or not.

I also note from your original post that you have been invited to what I assume is a WFI. If you are not in receipt of main phase ESA, which you appear not to be, you are not required to attend a WFI. However, you cannot leave this unattended to, as it could cause further problems to your claim, so you should contact the JC+ office that should be referenced on the letter and find out what is going on.

Good luck

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #85230 by boyg
Thanks Gordon; I appreciate your thoughts.

I take your point about "re-instating" and what looks like a standard letter is headed 'Your Claim for Employment and Support Allowance'. I will ask DWP that direct question in respect of my Reconsideration request.

The appointment letter is headed 'Employment and Support Allowance Personal Adviser Interview.' I know I will have to deal with this too and the dangers of not doing so.
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by slugsta.

More
11 years 11 months ago #85748 by boyg
An update. Still no formal reply to my request in January for a reconsideration nor to my recent letter asking what the position is with regard to this and why I have been placed on basic ESA. If I am not to miss the final date for lodging an Appeal on the latter I need to do it now. I think it would be too risky to let the date pass and wait for a reply to my letter as I fear there will be even more confusion and worry if the DWP provide an unacceptable answer but then say I have missed the deadline to appeal the recent decision. I also can not see how I can avoid the Work Focus Interview without endangering the payment I am receiving.

More
11 years 11 months ago #85750 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:ESA stopped; reinstated at lower level.
Alliance

Can you confirm, when you refer to the basic rate, are you referring to the Assessment rate which is now £71/w?

If you were found Fit for Work, which appears to be consistent with you payments being stopped, then you are not required to attend a WFI while you appeal this Decision.

You should have a contact number in relation to the WFI appointment, and it would be worth your while giving them a call to find out why you have been asked to attend.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #85756 by boyg
Yes, that is the amount given in the letter although it does not refer to an assessment rate but perhaps that is normal.

The big problem is of course I am not sure what the DWP are saying as I have only received what I take to be a standard ESA award letter. It makes the completion of the Appeal form more difficult.

Thanks Gordon.
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by slugsta.

More
11 years 11 months ago #85757 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re:ESA stopped; reinstated at lower level.
I think you are right to get your appeal in promtly, despite everything else that is going on. You do not need to provide much information at this stage, there is a template letter in the 'appeals' resources that is a good place to start.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.