× Members

Successful migration IB to ESA

More
12 years 1 week ago #85344 by anniemae
Successful migration IB to ESA was created by anniemae
I had a phone call from dwp to say i have been placed in the support group i have posted this news previously in the IB to ESA section. I have now received a confirmation letter it says i will receive this benefit april - november 2012 does that mean that this is when i will have a review also i note that some people have received an esa85 do you have to ask for this or is it sent to you automatically and what exactly is an esa85.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 week ago #85353 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:Successful migration IB to ESA
Hi anniemae

Please see the FAQ under 'ESA - what forms to ask for'. You need to request the form.

The letter may not be related to your review date but your ESA85A should indicate when you are likely to be reviewed.

Regards

Derek

• 10tilt
12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #85355 by 10tilt
Replied by 10tilt on topic Re:Successful migration IB to ESA
I have received a letter telling me that I have been migrated from IB to ESA but into the work related activity group. My letter also says benefit from 5 May until 30 November 2012. I queried this and was told that its all the system could cope with but my benefit would not stop then. I also asked when I would be reviewed again and was told that it says in 24 months time. ( I am 60 this coming June). As I am on contribution-based ESA and the letter says that it will be paid for a maximum of 365 days - what benefit will I get for the 16 months until I am entitled to my State Pension.
Can anyone give me any more info please?
Last edit: 12 years 1 week ago by slugsta.

More
12 years 1 week ago #85356 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re:Successful migration IB to ESA
After this time you will be assessed for income-based ESA, which will depend upon your income and savings (and the income/savings of your partner, if you have one living with you).

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• 10tilt
12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #85358 by 10tilt
Replied by 10tilt on topic Re:Successful migration IB to ESA
Thanks - that's what I thought. Everyone knows how unfair this whole situation is but I have received IB for over 20 years and never paid any Income Tax - now I will have to pay tax on my benefit so will worse off. Then, because my husband has a full time job and we own our house I will most likely loose all my benefit. And the government tell us to save for old age etc etc. Joke or what!
Last edit: 12 years 1 week ago by slugsta.

More
12 years 6 days ago - 12 years 6 days ago #85552 by angelapinner
Replied by angelapinner on topic Re:Successful migration IB to ESA
Hello 10tilt. If you have successfully claimed IB for over 20 years then you should, feasibly, have qualified for the Support Group of ESA which is not restricted to the 365 day rule and also not affected by your husband's work. I would seriously consider an appeal to the Support Group if I were you, the Work Related Group suggests they expect you to be fit enough to return to some sort of employement sometime soon - is this a true probability after 20 years on IB unless you have improved substantially. Hope this helps.
Last edit: 12 years 6 days ago by slugsta.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.