× Members

careers staying overnight?

• samantha
  • Topic Author
12 years 6 days ago - 12 years 6 days ago #85485 by samantha
careers staying overnight? was created by samantha
Hi all i am in receipt of E.S.A support group and i am just wondering when my career has to stay as some days i am unable to get out of bed and need their help and help during the night.My question is are careers allowed to stay so many nights before it effects my benefit or do i need to tell them every time they stay sorry if i have posted wrong. :(
Last edit: 12 years 6 days ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 days ago #85494 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:careers staying overnight?
samantha wrote:

Hi all i am in receipt of E.S.A support group and i am just wondering when my career has to stay as some days i am unable to get out of bed and need their help and help during the night.My question is are careers allowed to stay so many nights before it effects my benefit or do i need to tell them every time they stay sorry if i have posted wrong. :(

Are you receiving Contribution Based ESA or Income Related ESA?

If the former, then it doesn't matter, as the claim is in your name only and the DWP take no account of a "partner".

If ESA(IR), then I would have thought you could head-off any issues by informing the DWP of the arrangement in advance. Your local CAB or Welfare Rights office should be able to help you phrase a suitable letter. It will help if you are in receipt of DLA MRC or HRC as this will confirm the need for a Carer.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.