× Members

Requesting Written Evidence

• tazman
  • Topic Author
12 years 6 days ago - 12 years 6 days ago #85490 by tazman
Requesting Written Evidence was created by tazman
When I sent my GL24 in, I also enclosed a letter requesting copies of all documents relating to my case. I was transferred from IB to WRAG and am appealing for SG.

After I rang to find out where this info was, they said they would investigate. Today I received my ESA85A in a quickly hand written envelope. No covering letter and I am wondering if that is it. Surely there must be more documentation than one form?

Anyone else had this?
Last edit: 12 years 6 days ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 days ago #85508 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Requesting Written Evidence
tazman wrote:

When I sent my GL24 in, I also enclosed a letter requesting copies of all documents relating to my case. I was transferred from IB to WRAG and am appealing for SG.

After I rang to find out where this info was, they said they would investigate. Today I received my ESA85A in a quickly hand written envelope. No covering letter and I am wondering if that is it. Surely there must be more documentation than one form?

Anyone else had this?

There appears to be no definitive list, however, the following FAQs explain what is available and what to ask for.

ESA Forms

ESA medical – what forms to ask for?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• tazman
  • Topic Author
12 years 6 days ago - 12 years 6 days ago #85557 by tazman
Replied by tazman on topic Re:Requesting Written Evidence
Thanks Gordon, I did read those items. But, I thought that I would be able to see how many points I had been awarded and notes the DM made. The ESA85A just gives a list of what a nurse I have never met thinks I can and can't do. And, when she thinks I will be miraculously cured!

I know I'm not the only one confused by why some people get a bundle of papers and notes and others, like me, just get one sheet of paper written by a strange nurse.
It's not much help in preparing my appeal as they could have documents with anything written on it and I am completely unaware.

Do I just leave it at that or rock the boat?
Last edit: 12 years 6 days ago by slugsta.

More
12 years 6 days ago #85563 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Requesting Written Evidence
tazman

You can request the rest of the forms or even make a Subject Access Request, but it is perfectly possible that you will receive no more information that you previously have.

The simple fact is that there appears to be no standard in the DWP for recording their reasons for making an award of ESA, quite how this is allowed to happen I don't know, but seems to be par for the course where the DWP are concerned.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.