× Members

Dla right payment review

More
12 years 6 days ago #85550 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Dla right payment review
radhika wrote:

Hi,
Can any one be sent a form to fill out???
Just a bit worried as my mum is 67 and really can do without all the hassle. She has an indefinate award for both components of DLA.

Radhika.

See the following FAQ

The Right Payment Programme

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 days ago - 12 years 5 days ago #85574 by Libra45
Replied by Libra45 on topic Re:Dla right payment review
radhika wrote:

Hi,
Can any one be sent a form to fill out???
Just a bit worried as my mum is 67 and really can do without all the hassle. She has an indefinate award for both components of DLA.

Radhika.

Try not to worry too much about the possibility of your Mum having to complete a DLA80 form. I'll be 67 this year and about 18 months ago this happened to me. I returned the form, was visited by a HCP for a medical and had the results in three weeks. I retained my indefinite DLA award (HRM and HRC).

:kiss:
Last edit: 12 years 5 days ago by .

• Karlo
12 years 5 days ago #85589 by Karlo
Replied by Karlo on topic Re:Dla right payment review
I know it's the piece of string scenario but how long is the wait to hear back about The Right Payment Programme? I sent my form back mid March and haven't heard yet. Reading the forum some seem to hear with in a couple of weeks others taking a few months. Is there a particular reason why some take longer? Or is it merely depending on who's desk the form lands on?

I have noticed, or it seems so, that more people are being contacted to complete DLA180 forms.

More
12 years 5 days ago #85592 by Gordon
Karlo

The DWP quote a period of 11 weeks to issue a new Decision, although as you say, some assessments are decided quicker.

Factors that might effect the time are how busy they are, whether they have to contact your GP and/or Consultants, and whether a medical needs to be arranged.

As far as I am aware, they re-assess a fixed number of claimants each year, if you are seeing more, then it might be that more claimants are joining B&W increasing the visibilty of this process.

Good luck with your assessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Karlo
12 years 5 days ago #85596 by Karlo
Replied by Karlo on topic Re:Dla right payment review
As always thanks for the prompt reply Gordon. You're more than likely correct reference the number of RPP's and the site as it's the new car factor you never notices the make until you're driving one lol.

Just another question do they always contact the claimant before contacting GP's and Consultants etc? As when I've submitted the good old IB50 in the past they haven't informed me and said in the result letter "From Evidence you submitted and your GP's report!" or words to that effect being the first I've known they've requested a GP's report.

More
12 years 5 days ago #85600 by Gordon
Karlo

If you have given the name of your GP and/or Consultant on the form you have returned, then I don't believe they are any obligation to contact you before they make a request to the doctor.

If you think that this is a possibility, then it would be to your advantage to warn your doctors to expect the form. One of the most frequently reported delays to the process, is the doctor, and in particular a Consultant failing to respond to the DWP request in a timely manner.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.