× Members

Sent esa50 off, i want to be prepared for phonecal

More
12 years 6 days ago - 12 years 6 days ago #85502 by Lady_in_bed
I managed to get my esa50 form in at the last minute, posted Sat just before post office closed to get there for Monday 23rd by special delivery. I wasnt as good as I wanted it to be as I just didnt have the time to do it and being in a panic made it even worse. I didnt end up getting a supporting letter from gp as I just didnt have time and knew the most important thing was to get the form off in time. I'm in a bit of a state wondering what to do for the best, either approach my gp now for one or just wait to get the call for a medical and see if they accept I need a home one
Its not made me feel any better having done it as the whole thing was a mess and I will not stop worrying until if I'm lucky enough to get passed, i dont feel confident at all :(
I'm worried sick about the phone call and what to expect, I've read the medical guide but it doesnt say there what they say in the phone call.

What will they say and who will it be? the dm that is dealing with my case or the atos person that will do the medical?
What will they say to me and what if they say I cant have a home visit or that they have already contacyed my gp and she says I can go in a taxi with meds?

is there anything i should ask or say or not say?
Last edit: 12 years 6 days ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pete17971
12 years 6 days ago #85509 by pete17971
Lady_in_bed wrote:

I managed to get my esa50 form in at the last minute, posted Sat just before post office closed to get there for Monday 23rd by special delivery. I wasnt as good as I wanted it to be as I just didnt have the time to do it and being in a panic made it even worse. I didnt end up getting a supporting letter from gp as I just didnt have time and knew the most important thing was to get the form off in time. I'm in a bit of a state wondering what to do for the best, either approach my gp now for one or just wait to get the call for a medical and see if they accept I need a home one
Its not made me feel any better having done it as the whole thing was a mess and I will not stop worrying until if I'm lucky enough to get passed, i dont feel confident at all :(
I'm worried sick about the phone call and what to expect, I've read the medical guide but it doesnt say there what they say in the phone call.

What will they say and who will it be? the dm that is dealing with my case or the atos person that will do the medical?
What will they say to me and what if they say I cant have a home visit or that they have already contacyed my gp and she says I can go in a taxi with meds?

Hi,

he thing is not to pasic. What has been sent has now gone so worrying about it is not really an issue now.

It may be worth contacting your GP, now that you have a bit of time to try to get some which maybe invaluable at a later stage. If it is not subsequently needed then nothing really is lost.

As to domiciliary medicals, they are really the exception rather than the rule. One really does need to have a robust case in order to qualify for one. Again help from the GP should be sought. It is though worth enquiring about a domiciliary medical, however it maybe that an ATOS arranged Taxi to/from a medical is as far as they will only go.

Pete

• Daisy2911
12 years 6 days ago - 12 years 6 days ago #85547 by Daisy2911
Lady_in_bed wrote:

I have always requested a home visit, due to agoraphobia... At first, I was given appointments, until I was able to get my doctor to fax ATOS details, of why I was unable to attend a medical... The last time (3 years ago) I was called with an appointment date - I explained that I'd need a home visit & had to get my doctor to fax ATOS details again.... A home medical has never been arranged for me...
Im currently waiting for a decision about my migration from IS to ESA.. I stated on my form that I would most definitely need a home visit, if needed.... I had a very good supporting letter from my doctor, so its just a case of waiting... Im fully prepared to have the home medical - maybe this time I'll have to have one x

More
12 years 6 days ago - 12 years 6 days ago #85556 by Lady_in_bed
Thanks Daisy

I did state on my form my problems and why I needed to request a home medical but didn't get a gp letter to support it yet.
I too have agoraphobia and other things but I've heard they really don't give home visits easily.
Sounds like you have a good supportive gp, mine really isn't very good and I don't think she would support me that well really but I still may need to ask her to fax one over for me. I'm just wondering if I should just wait and see if they phone me about the medical first as if a miracle happens they may grant me a home visit without me needing to ask gp.

Does anyone know the answers to my questions asked above regarding the phone call about Atos medical?

What will they say when they call and who will it be? the dm that is dealing with my case or the atos person that will do the medical?

What if they say I cant have a home visit or that they have already contacted my gp and she says I can go in a taxi with meds?

What should I do if they offer a taxi to and from the medical? (I can't do this, I know I cant)

is there anything i should ask or say or not say when they call?

• Daisy2911
12 years 6 days ago - 12 years 6 days ago #85560 by Daisy2911
Lady_in_bed wrote:

Thanks Daisy

I did state on my form my problems and why I needed to request a home medical but didn't get a gp letter to support it yet.
I too have agoraphobia and other things but I've heard they really don't give home visits easily.
Sounds like you have a good supportive gp, mine really isn't very good and I don't think she would support me that well really but I still may need to ask her to fax one over for me. I'm just wondering if I should just wait and see if they phone me about the medical first as if a miracle happens they may grant me a home visit without me needing to ask gp.

Does anyone know the answers to my questions asked above regarding the phone call about Atos medical?

What will they say when they call and who will it be? the dm that is dealing with my case or the atos person that will do the medical?

What if they say I cant have a home visit or that they have already contacted my gp and she says I can go in a taxi with meds?

What should I do if they offer a taxi to and from the medical? (I can't do this, I know I cant)

is there anything i should ask or say or not say when they call?

Hi Lady in Bed,

In my experience, the call has come from ATOS, trying to arrange an appointment at a assessment centre.. Its at this point that I've had to state that I needed a home visit (even though I stated this on my form)... You may need to be assertive, explaining that you need a home visit - but you will need your doctor to fax ATOS details of why you can't attend..... Try not to let them talk you into getting a cab (& especially on your own), as I feel this would count against you... "If you have agoraphobia, you managed to get here ok" - you know how ATOS operate..... I would wait to see if they do contact you (which I am doing at the moment, seeing if I get a call)..... if you really feel that you couldn't manage to get to the medical, please request a home visit, IF they call you...
Hopefully your doctor would fax details to them... My supporting letter was not about a home medical, but just my problems in general...
Hope this helps a bit xx

More
12 years 6 days ago #85562 by Gordon
LiB

You will be contacted by the ATOS scheduling department for your area, they are not part of the assessment team, so don't expect them to have much information about your claim.

I can only repeat what I have said before, don't wait for ATOS to contact your GP regarding a home medical.

If your GP is less than supportive and ATOS refuse to provide a home medical, then you have two choices, attend or miss the appointment. The first time you fail to attend, ATOS should offer you a second medical, however, a second failure will result in your file being returned to the DWP and your claim may be ended.

You can appeal this Decision should you need to, and your condition(s) would be Good Cause why you did not attend, but at the very least you could delay your claim by several months.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.