× Members

ESA50 enquiry

• dis1
  • Topic Author
12 years 5 days ago #85623 by dis1
ESA50 enquiry was created by dis1
Good Evening, I have searched thru all the questions and can only find bits to what I need some information too. My husband comes off the CB ESA after the 365 days,at end of April. He enquired as to what he would be be entitled to and was told that as I work 30hours per week and disabled, I have to support him until he reaches 65 in 4years time. He has now received a ESA50 form from Atos, surely if he cannot get the benefit does the form need to be completed. Its bad enough to lose this amount of money, heaven knows what will become of us after next week. But as my husband is a sick man physically and mentally by subjecting him to the most degrading so called medical will only make his health worse. What is the reason for the form?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 days ago #85629 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:ESA50 enquiry
dis1

There are two reasons to consider completing the ESA50.

First, if your husband qualifies for the Support Group, then his ESA(CB) will be re-instated and will remain in payment as long as he remains eligible for the SG.

If he does not qualify for the Support Group but remains in the WRAG, then he will be entitled to receive NI Credits towards a full State Pension. Even if this is not of value, by remaining eligible for ESA, if at any time in the future your husbands condition deteriorates, then they can request re-assessment, and as above, if found eligible for the SG, payments will be re-instated.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.