× Members

Hypothetical Cooking Test - Aids and Adaptations

More
12 years 5 days ago - 12 years 5 days ago #85645 by JayC
I recently won high rate Mobility but faied to get even the Low rate Care element even though incapable of safely preparing a main meal, let alone hypotheticlly.

The HYPOTHETICAL cooking test sounds easy to pass, but is hypothetically as easy to fail.

The DWP gave the standard "using suitable aids and adaptations ... blah blah blah" but they did not attempt to identify such suitable "aids and adaptations" (not even the dreaded slotted spoon)

I asked for this to be looked at again, this time asking multiple times in sequence for each area of difficulty,
"What aids and adaptations would you suggest to ..."
...stop spinal pain when standing at cooker (perching stool wont do)? :S
... stop crutches interfering with safe use of cooker? :S
... counter effects of medication :S
... prevent blah blah blah :S
... stop etc etc etc :S
... safely do something else :S
... stop all these aids and adaptations from interfering with other suggested aids and adaptations or normal, safe use of kitchen :S

Guess what, I've now won Low Rate Care as well !!

Many thanks to B & W for their help for giving me the courage to try again, and again

Jay
(nil ilegetimi carborundum)
Last edit: 12 years 5 days ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 days ago #85651 by slugsta
Thanks, Jay, it is always nice to hear good news. Thanks also for you kind words about B+W :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.