× Members

War Pensions Mobility Supplement

• Ian
  • Topic Author
11 years 11 months ago #85749 by Ian
Hi,

I'm looking for some help with regards to completing my War Pensions Mobility Supplement form.

I was medically discharged from the Army in 2008 with Menieres Disease, Back Injury and Depression. Despite several ops since then I still get Menieres attacks and my back is getting worse. I have recently been re-assessed by SPVA for this and I have now been re-assessed at 70%. They have now sent me a WPA0003WPMS Form (War Pensions Mobility Supplement) as I may be able to claim for this. Is filling this form out the same as filling out the DWP form for mobility? It asks me about medical treatment and how far I can walk etc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #85754 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:War Pensions Mobility Supplement
Ian

I'm afraid we do not advise on War Pensions.

One of our moderators does have experience in this area, but due to ill health is not always available, they may be able to offer some assistance, but I don't know when.

Have you tried contacting the Royal British Legion as they may have advisors who can help, see

www.britishlegion.org.uk/

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 11 months ago #85758 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re:War Pensions Mobility Supplement
SSAFA might also be able to help

SSAFA

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• pete17971
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #85763 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re:War Pensions Mobility Supplement
Ian wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking for some help with regards to completing my War Pensions Mobility Supplement form.

I was medically discharged from the Army in 2008 with Menieres Disease, Back Injury and Depression. Despite several ops since then I still get Menieres attacks and my back is getting worse. I have recently been re-assessed by SPVA for this and I have now been re-assessed at 70%. They have now sent me a WPA0003WPMS Form (War Pensions Mobility Supplement) as I may be able to claim for this. Is filling this form out the same as filling out the DWP form for mobility? It asks me about medical treatment and how far I can walk etc.

Hi Ian,

Although some of the criteria for an award of War Pensioners Mobility Supplement may appear quite similar to those for an award of HRM DLA, it is usually far more difficult to obtain a WPMS award. This is mainly down to:

a) The fact that the SPVA take a very strict interpretation of the regulations - much more so than the DWP do for a DLA award.

b). How ones War Pension award is constructed. Hence although one must have at least a 40% disablement award to apply for an be awarded WPMS, that 40% must be entirely mobility impairment. Thus an award of say 30% for mobility problems and 10% for depression would not entitle one to WPMS.

The actual criteria for an award are as laid down in the Service Pensions Order 2006, Para 20 here:

www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2006/606/pdfs/uksi_20060606_en.pdf

As we have not had sight of either your case file or any paperwork etc it is impossible to establish whether or not you may qualify or not.

However if applying, we generally do advise the War Pensioner to get his/her own GP to complete the medical part of the WPMS claim form (the GP will be reimbursed a set fee by the SPVA). The decision on whether to award is (unlike with DLA) made by a SPVA Medical Officer (ie a Doctor).

Pete
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by pete17971.

• Karlo
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #87918 by Karlo
Replied by Karlo on topic Re:War Pensions Mobility Supplement
I now it's not your remit but long story short although I receive HRM and MRC via DLA I'm also a war pensioner. As I'm waiting to hear back reference RPP form sent back in march I decided to apply for WPMS as I meet the correct criteria. I sent the form back end of May and received a letter yesterday saying I need to attend a medical board, Military talk for medical.

I know Pete has had extensive dealings with War Pensions and if he can give me any pointers of what to expect?

Thanks
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.