× Members

DEA interviews

More
11 years 11 months ago #86282 by SUEP55
DEA interviews was created by SUEP55
Don't know if there have been any recent changes regarding people in ESA Support Group having to attend interviews with a DEA but I have just received an appointment to see an advisor at my local Jobcentre even though I was placed in the Support Group in December 2011 with a reassessment dated of October 2013. I telephoned the office to be told that they wanted to see how they could help me back to work/what help I may need, I queried this as I'm in the Support Group only to be told told that I have to see a DEA at least once a year or 6 months before a reassessment, is this correct? I last saw this DEA in summer 2010 when I was in WRAG and was unable to speak to her personally today, I'm confused and worried.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pete17971
11 years 11 months ago #86284 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re:DEA interviews
Daydreamer wrote:

Don't know if there have been any recent changes regarding people in ESA Support Group having to attend interviews with a DEA but I have just received an appointment to see an advisor at my local Jobcentre even though I was placed in the Support Group in December 2011 with a reassessment dated of October 2013. I telephoned the office to be told that they wanted to see how they could help me back to work/what help I may need, I queried this as I'm in the Support Group only to be told told that I have to see a DEA at least once a year or 6 months before a reassessment, is this correct? I last saw this DEA in summer 2010 when I was in WRAG and was unable to speak to her personally today, I'm confused and worried.

Hi,

I am not aware of any changes requiring ESA Support Group claimants to have to attend for Work Focussed interviews.

Support Group claimants may voluntarily attend, however the JC+ DEA's seem to be having problems keeping up with the amount of WFI's for those in the WRAG, let alone taking on volunteer Support Group claimants.

It maybe worth recontacting them and asking them to verify why they want you to attend.

Pete

More
11 years 11 months ago #86285 by SUEP55
Replied by SUEP55 on topic Re:DEA interviews
Many thanks Pete, will contact DEA on Monday when she is back from leave.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.