× Members

ESA Problem

More
11 years 11 months ago #86333 by stanley
ESA Problem was created by stanley
I made a phone call to the DWP today, only to find out by accident that I had been moved from the SG to the WRAG following a recent assessment. The decision was apparently made on 03.05.12 but I had not received any notification. The first indication I had was a letter today asking me to go to a Personal Advisor Interview at my nearest jobcentre plus. I will appeal.

I understand the 365 day rule for the WRAG. Would this run from the beginning of April or the date of my transfer to the WRAG? Ie. 03.05.12. Additionally when my 365 days is exhausted I would not qualify for JSA due to means testing. Would I however, be able to apply again for contribution based ESA at a later date?

Thank you in anticipation of your advice ………… stanley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #86337 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:ESA Problem
Stanley

The count should start from the date of the Decision e.g. 03/05/12.

You can make a fresh calim for ESA(CB) after 12 weeks have elapsed from the end of your current claim, you will of course need to satisfy the NI Contribution tests.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #86340 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:ESA Problem
First of all, it is simply not acceptable that you found out by accident that you had been transferred from the support group to the WRAG.

When the transfer occurred you should have been notified immediately of the decision, as decision letters are supposed to be issued at precisely the same time as the (adverse) decision was made. The fact that the administration of ESA is so chaotic in DWP offices is no excuse, and it also begs the question as to whether you would have received a formal decision carrying the right of appeal? This may necessarily give rise to a formal complaint, but as you have already decided to appeal you may or may not to consider this option? However, the DWP should be instructed to issue the decision letter immediately, as you will be unaware of the date of the decision to record at section 4 on form GL24, the official appeal form.

Insofar as your question about the 365 day rule arises please see:-

12 Month Limit for ESA(CB).

12 Month Limit for ESA(CB) – Implementation.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by Crazydiamond.

More
11 years 11 months ago #86343 by stanley
Replied by stanley on topic Re:ESA Problem
Thankyou Gordon & Crazydiamond

These things send you 'through the roof' when they happen & it does help to have someone 'who knows' to be able to ask for advice

No response from welfare rights yet again - almost certainly due to massive case load pressures

Many thanks ............. stanley

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.