× Members

ESA appeal form

• Codds
  • Topic Author
12 years 3 days ago #86420 by Codds
ESA appeal form was created by Codds
Hello All.
This is my first post on the forum. hopefully I will get it right.
I have been through the form filling and assessment phases and was placed in the WRAG group. Because of my mobility limitations I decided to appeal the decision to try to get in the support group.
I sent of my form a week before the one month deadline via special delivery to ensure it got there.
I have checked with royal mail and have been informed that the documents are sat in a PO box awaiting collection and have been since May the 3rd.
Is this standard for the DWP or should I be raising the issue with them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pete17971
12 years 3 days ago #86421 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re:ESA appeal form
Codds wrote:

Hello All.
This is my first post on the forum. hopefully I will get it right.
I have been through the form filling and assessment phases and was placed in the WRAG group. Because of my mobility limitations I decided to appeal the decision to try to get in the support group.
I sent of my form a week before the one month deadline via special delivery to ensure it got there.
I have checked with royal mail and have been informed that the documents are sat in a PO box awaiting collection and have been since May the 3rd.
Is this standard for the DWP or should I be raising the issue with them.

Hi,

Mail for the DWP is handled differently to normal mail. It should however have been date stamped upon receipt at the PO Box.

It maybe an idea to chase up with the DWP the exact situation with regards to your claim. I would make sure though to retain the Special Delivery proof of posting and also a screenprint from the royal mail tracking website incase there is a query down the line.

Pete

• Codds
  • Topic Author
12 years 3 days ago #86422 by Codds
Replied by Codds on topic Re:ESA appeal form
Will do.
Thanks

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris