× Members

Just diagnosed with an extra condition

More
12 years 2 days ago - 12 years 2 days ago #86428 by Dizzy
I am already claiming ESA (CB) and am in the WRAG, I have just been diagnosed with an additional condition, that I wasn't suffering with at the time of filling in the ESA50, and thought was the after effects of a viral infection when I attended my WCA medical so disregarded it.
I have been advised by Jobcentre Plus that it is not necessary to inform ESA that I have another condition. However, I am just filling in a DLA form, where I am giving details of both conditions. Would it be advisable to tell ESA that I have the extra condition?
Last edit: 12 years 2 days ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 days ago #86438 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Just diagnosed with an extra condition
Dizzy

Unfortunately, when you need to inform the DWP of a change of circumstances and when you don't are seperated by a whole area of grey.

As you are in the WRAG, they key question to ask yourself is whether this new conditon would entitle you to be placed in the Support Group? If you believe this to be the case, then you should notify the DWP, if not, then it really boils down to how significant the new condition is, which I realise doesn't really answer your question :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris