× Members

length of esa award, can tribunal change it?

More
12 years 1 day ago - 12 years 1 day ago #86442 by lindat
apologise if a daft question, but at my successful brief appeal from ESA wrag to support group yesterday, the judge asked if my DLA had been time limited by dwp before they took mobility off me in 2007, which was reinstated at appeal in 2008 and given indefinately by the tribunal panel... he added as you were never going to improve and have clearly deteriated further since then. All correct but wondered why he would ask? the esa85a gave an expected return to work of 24 months, can the tribunal change that? Admit to half expecting a new esa 50 to fill in shortly now I've won my appeal... niavity all gone [as as ability to spell :blush: sorry]
just to add the doctor and barrister at my appeal were extremely kind amd tried hard to make it as easy for me as possible... in fact everyone at the tribunal centre in bristol was very kind.
linda
Last edit: 12 years 1 day ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 day ago #86444 by slugsta
Hi Linda, I am glad that your tribunal experience was better than you had feared :)

I'm afraid that I cannot speculate as to why the tribunal might have asked a particular question.

As I understand it, the tribunal have no influence over the duration of your award. Don't forget that the tribunal decision will be backdated to the date of the intial one. With appeals taking so long to be heard, it is not unusual for claimants to receive another ESA50 shortly after a successful tribunal (indeed, some people are being reassessed before their appeal has been heard!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 1 day ago - 12 years 1 day ago #86447 by lindat
kinda what I thought but thank you Mrs H... and everyone on this wonderful site, it is no exageration to say I would not have survived the last 9 month nightmare without the information and advice on here :cheer: and the success stories from others help give hope.
thank you to all on b and w :cheer: :kiss:
Last edit: 12 years 1 day ago by slugsta.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.