× Members

IB to ESA without medical but WRAG group

• yorkie62
  • Topic Author
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #87906 by yorkie62
I have today received a call from my transfer from IB to ESA and I have been told I will be in WRAG group. However I have recently won DLA appeal and been re instated my lower rate care for not being able to prepare a main meal, this has been awarded indefinitely. I have severe cervical spine issues and cannot understand how I am not in Support group. Can anyone offer advice as to whether I can appeal this please.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #87909 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:IB to ESA without medical but WRAG group
Yorkie

You'll need to wait until the Decision is confirmed in writing, but after that you can appeal.

I am afraid, being in receipt of DLA LRC is not relevant to an ESA award.

You will need to show that you meet one of more of the Support Group criteria, see the following FAQs

Is there any risk to challenging a decision?

How long do I have to appeal?

How to submit an appeal

Qualifying for the Support Group

12 Month Limit for ESA(CB)

Do I have to attend WFIs while I appeal?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• yorkie62
  • Topic Author
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #87911 by yorkie62
Replied by yorkie62 on topic Re:IB to ESA without medical but WRAG group
Ok I will have had a look at FAQ and I will sort the appeal when I have the decision in writing. Thank you
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by slugsta.

More
11 years 9 months ago #87924 by summertrain
Replied by summertrain on topic Re:IB to ESA without medical but WRAG group
If an appeal to be in The support group, when placed in WRAG is made, is an automatic reconsideration included? And I suppose it would still be possible to withdraw the appeal at a later date, if the reconsideration was unsuccessful?

More
11 years 9 months ago #87925 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re:IB to ESA without medical but WRAG group
The answer to both questions is 'Yes'.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.