× Members

New ESA Forms

• titchy123
  • Topic Author
11 years 10 months ago #87952 by titchy123
New ESA Forms was created by titchy123
Can anyone please help? I've just received forms to fill in,currently on IB and the info on this site all relates to questions on the old version of forms.
I'm trying to find out scores for new questions i.e.
Old format= walking-no more than 50 metres w/o stopping, feeling discomfort.
New Question; Can you move at least 50 metres before you need to stop?

On incapacity forms and DLA i stated i could not walk no more than 50 metres, yet this question asks at least 50 metres?
Sorry to sound stupid but i'm so confused about what to put.
I'm on highest DLA do i just say no tothis question?
I'd be grateful for any help, please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #87954 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re:New ESA Forms
The members' guides on this site should give advice relating to the latest ESA forms and descriptors. Please will you point out what areas you believe differ?

DLA HRM depends on the ability to walk 50 metres. The ESA descriptors refer to 'moving' which also includes the ability to self-propell a manual wheelchair - even if you do not have one.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #87955 by shrinathji
Replied by shrinathji on topic Re: New ESA Forms
Hi titchy123,

For my husband i put down no and in the box stated how far he could walk without stopping and this was the same distance as stated in DLA form!!!

Hope this helps.

Radhika.
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by slugsta.

• titchy123
  • Topic Author
11 years 10 months ago #87961 by titchy123
Replied by titchy123 on topic Re:New ESA Forms
Sorry to sound vague. What i mean is the ESA form asks: Can you move at least 50 metres before you need to stop?
In the past the IB forms i have sent in i've said i cannot walk more than 50 metres without stopping.
So up to 50, and at least 50 are confusing me.
I guess i just say no, and that i need to keep stopping.
Is there anything on this site that can tell me what i will score? I have filled in the questionaire on here but the questions are slightly different on the new forms.
Please help, I've only got a week left to send them in and downloaded all the info after joining this site, but now feel it's of no use as the forms have changed, i'm in a terrible panic!

More
11 years 10 months ago #87966 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re:New ESA Forms
The points for the mobilising descriptor can be found in the ESA guide in the members' area of this site.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 10 months ago #87970 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:New ESA Forms
Titchy

It is really important that you do not approach this form as another IB form with some differences. The ESA descriptors are fundamentally different from the IB ones in most cases, for example, question 1 is not a test of how far you can walk, but rather how far you can mobilise, in addition to your walking, ATOS and the DWP will look at your ability to use a manual wheelchair over an equivalent distance, irrelevant of whether you use or even own one!

If you are full member of B&W, please have a look at the ESA claim guides on the following link which explain each question in detail.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.