× Members

DWP giving out phone numbers to ATOS?

• John
  • Topic Author
11 years 9 months ago #87958 by John
Is the DWP allowed to give ATOS my phone number without my permission?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #87962 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re:DWP giving out phone numbers to ATOS?
As I understand it, yes they are.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
11 years 9 months ago #87975 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic Re:DWP giving out phone numbers to ATOS?
However, you are under no obligation to accept 'phone calls from Atos or indeed the DWP, you can insist that they contact you by letter.

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 9 months ago #87983 by billkruse
Replied by billkruse on topic Re:DWP giving out phone numbers to ATOS?
Does this include in the first instance when they contact you to tell you they're going to phone you with details of the Atos test? Can I write and tell them I don't want them to phone me and request they make all further contact in writing?

More
11 years 9 months ago #87989 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:DWP giving out phone numbers to ATOS?
SWLABR wrote:

Does this include in the first instance when they contact you to tell you they're going to phone you with details of the Atos test? Can I write and tell them I don't want them to phone me and request they make all further contact in writing?

We need to be careful in offering advice on this subject, whilst in principle there is nothing the DWP need to talk to you over the phone about, that cannot be communicated in a letter, there are times when it would be to the advantage of a claimant to take the call.

For example, the DWP Decision Maker may wish to talk to you before making an adverse Decision on your claim, taking this call may allow you to explain your health issues in more detail and result in the DM reconsidering the Decision.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.