× Members

ESA wrag contributory question

• bittersweet
  • Topic Author
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #87995 by bittersweet
ESA wrag contributory question was created by bittersweet
Im enquiring about the 1 year rule regarding the ESA contributory entitlement for a single person in WRAG. If a person owns their own home, mortgage paid,is this classed as capital under the rules? Also, if someone in this position has kept their endowment policy going, is the endowment policy classed as capital/assets too? If anybody can advise on this matter i would be very grateful, thanks.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #87998 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:ESA wrag contributory question
bittersweet wrote:

Im enquiring about the 1 year rule regarding the ESA contributory entitlement for a single person in WRAG. If a person owns their own home, mortgage paid,is this classed as capital under the rules? Also, if someone in this position has kept their endowment policy going, is the endowment policy classed as capital/assets too? If anybody can advise on this matter i would be very grateful, thanks.

Your primary residence is not counted as capital, but this may not be the case for your endowment policy, especially as it is no longer tied to your mortgage.

The rules on capital are extremely complicated, so you should get advice from a trained advisor, see

Where to get advice?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bittersweet
  • Topic Author
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #88003 by bittersweet
Replied by bittersweet on topic Re:ESA wrag contributory question
Thanks Gordon.
I know from CAB advice a few years ago that keeping an endowment policy going after paying off a mortgage was not taken in to account as far as receiving benefits is concerned. I was just wondering if any new rules regarding this had come in to play since all the changes. Im actually not in this situation yet, but could be in the future. Thanks, i'll look in to it in more depth.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.