× Members

esa50 varying conditions

• mgjohn
  • Topic Author
11 years 9 months ago #88033 by mgjohn
esa50 varying conditions was created by mgjohn
hi

im confused on this and my esa50 form needs to be sent tomorrow. i have been verbally diagnosed with Fibro, but then yet the copy of letter i received says he believes i have depression/anxiety and no mention of fibro/cfs. Therefore i dont know what i am writing on the form i have got!

anyway, i have ticked it varies for many of the answers as my condition varies tremendously, i will not be able to leave my bed with pain/fatigue and depression at times and then at others be able to walk for miles and be relatively fatigue free. The problem is on the form how do i complete this. People on the net seem to say 2 things

1. Do i say it varies and describe that "as i suffer from a fluctuating condition I am unable to carry out tasks repeatedly or regularly", and note this will apply all answers where i have ticked "It varies" , and over physical exertion and mental leads to increased Fatigue and Pain that requires longer recovery periods.

2. Do i just say "it varies by tick and not discuss how it varies and describe worse day

3. Do i not say, it varies at all (tick yes) and just describe worse day

thanks for your help in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #88034 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re:esa50 varying conditions
It is important that you don't just describe your worst day as you could be leading yourself open to allegations of fraud.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• mgjohn
  • Topic Author
11 years 9 months ago #88035 by mgjohn
Replied by mgjohn on topic Re:esa50 varying conditions
thats the problem, i seem to get 2 answers, one describe worse day ONLY regardless if you have 50% good and 50% bad, and then others saying, that you need to describe things that can be fully backed up and non fraudulently

More
11 years 9 months ago #88036 by slugsta
If you described your worst day only, would you be able to back that up in court if neccessary?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• mgjohn
  • Topic Author
11 years 9 months ago #88039 by mgjohn
Replied by mgjohn on topic Re:esa50 varying conditions
well if i tick it varies, then that means that it varies even though ive described my worse day?

i did go to citizens advise and kept explaining that it varies but this is my worse day, is that ok?, but they were hardly NO help just copied what id already written! and that took almost 2hrs

my feeling is that i should be explainging how it varies but then im told you shouldnt say you have good days!!!

More
11 years 9 months ago #88047 by slugsta
Have a look at the ESA guides in the members area, you will find these very helpful.

ESA claims and appeals

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.