× Members

is this a delaying tactic ?

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #88638 by masterslip
is this a delaying tactic ? was created by masterslip
Hi first post on here, but been lurking for ages, anyway to the point i used the template from here to request a SAR i recieved a four page form to fill in asking for more information ? under section 7 (3) data protect act is this a delaying tactic so the 40 days reply gets extended ALL the info they ask for is in the sar i sent them
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #88639 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:is this a delaying tactic ?
SM

I am not aware of any requirement to be submitted on a particular form although the request does have to be made in writing.

I doubt that the DWP are trying to delay the process, but it may be, if you are sure you provided all of the information required to raise a SAR, that someone there is being overly officious.

You can either contact them to ask what was missing from your original request, or return the form, completed as required.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 9 months ago #88640 by masterslip
Replied by masterslip on topic Re:is this a delaying tactic ?
been checking net i think this is a SANTA01 form although there is no indication anywhere on it also something to do with dont give client AN AUDIT TRAIL unless they ask for it

More
11 years 9 months ago #88641 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:is this a delaying tactic ?
SM

Reading the FOI request that I think that you are referring to, there are two seperate issues.

The original request is concerned with the DWP providing audit data in addition to the base data they hold on a client.

The second, which I believe is relevant to your request, is the issuing of a SANT01 form. According to the DWP response to the FOI request, a SANT01 form is issued when a claimant raises a SAR and is not specific as to the information they actually require from the DWP, perhaps the claimant has simply asked for all the information held by the DWP on them.

Whilst the DWP will in principle provide all the information held on a claimant, their standard policy appears to be to only supply information specifically requested, hence the form.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.