× Members

Help needed - ESA form sent via recorded delivery

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #90387 by killbot99
Hi Gordon

So would a form being lost in the post not count? It's hard to see what else claimants can do, except perhaps send it Special Delivery, but of course that costs a lot more.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #90391 by Gordon
madcatwoman wrote:

Hi Gordon

So would a form being lost in the post not count? It's hard to see what else claimants can do, except perhaps send it Special Delivery, but of course that costs a lot more.

I can't see any reason why it would not count as Good Cause, especially if a copy of the ESA50 could be supplied.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 9 months ago #90392 by Gordon
dandys9 wrote:

Many thanks Gordon - should i wait til Wednesday to see if its' status has changed or phone before then ?
Any idea why it hasn't / wasn't signed for ?
I thought the point of sending the form via a recorded delivery service is that it is signed for as proof of receipt ?
The Royal Mail customer service representative was very un-helpful to say the least.

You are paying for a service, I would chase it as you feel appropriate.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 9 months ago #90393 by Noodles
Whilst on this subject.

My transfer from IB to ESA has almost reached the postage stage now.

Question: Do I simply place all my ESA 50 pages along with the support documents I have collected in another larger A4 envelope and put the return evelope from ATOS on the top of it?

Hope that makes sense btw :unsure:

More
11 years 9 months ago #90395 by slugsta
Noodles wrote:

Whilst on this subject.

My transfer from IB to ESA has almost reached the postage stage now.

Question: Do I simply place all my ESA 50 pages along with the support documents I have collected in another larger A4 envelope and put the return evelope from ATOS on the top of it?

Hope that makes sense btw :unsure:

Yes

ESA50 too big for envelope

• dandys9
  • Topic Author
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #90396 by dandys9
To be honest ,the Royal Mail didn't really care & the woman i spoke to could not tell me anything -- basically there was no way they could chase it up in her opinion until it had been signed for.
My Wife copied my form & most was typed-out & sellotaped into the form due to problems using my hands so a replacement could be done if needed so ; but i was relying on Royal Mail getting it there for me. I just cant understand why it hasn't been signed for via using the recorded delivery service.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by slugsta.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris