× Members

Work related group

• mum2many
  • Topic Author
11 years 7 months ago #92213 by mum2many
Work related group was created by mum2many
I have got my first appointment through for the end of October.
The letter states this is to "prepare me for work".

This is making me feel dreadful, if only it was that simple, I would NOT be in this position.

Just wondered if anyone has any recent experience and could share what I should expect.

Thanks and best wishes to all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 7 months ago #92214 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Work related group
mum2many wrote:

This is making me feel dreadful, if only it was that simple, I would NOT be in this position.

Just wondered if anyone has any recent experience and could share what I should expect.

Hi m2m,

You may have read these two FAQ's, but just in case you haven't :

Work Focussed Interviews

Work Programme

Other members may wish to advise you also. :)

bro58

• bro58
11 years 7 months ago #92216 by bro58
bro58 wrote:

mum2many wrote:

Hi m2m,

You may have read these two FAQ's, but just in case you haven't :

Work Focussed Interviews

Work Programme

Other members may wish to advise you also. :)

bro58

You may also wish to search the forums for previously posted topics from here :

Searching The Forum

Try putting in WFI, Work Related Activity, or WRAG.

bro58

• fedup90
11 years 7 months ago #92258 by fedup90
Replied by fedup90 on topic Re:Work related group
If someone got points at an ATOS assessment for the descriptor "Is unable to get to a specified place with which the claimant is unfamiliar without being accompanied by another person."

Could they refuse to go to a work programme appointment with a company such as A4E and not be sanctioned. Surely if they were to go to this, it would be used against them at a future Atos work capability assessment.

• bro58
11 years 7 months ago #92265 by bro58
fedup90 wrote:

If someone got points at an ATOS assessment for the descriptor "Is unable to get to a specified place with which the claimant is unfamiliar without being accompanied by another person."

Could they refuse to go to a work programme appointment with a company such as A4E and not be sanctioned. Surely if they were to go to this, it would be used against them at a future Atos work capability assessment.

The thing is f90, you are allowed to be accompanied by another person when having to attend WFI's and WRA.

bro58

More
11 years 7 months ago #92267 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re:Work related group
It is possible to have the WFI carried out over the phone (or even in your own home). You can contact your personal advisor direct to request this, thy do not have to agree but they often do.

Since I was put into the WRAG in April, I have had 2 telephone WFI's, even though the advisor said he would contact me aprox every month. The first time we discussed my health a little, he said that he would have to pass my details on the the Work Program providers who would get in touch - but he also made clear that I would not have to undertake a Work Program if I did not wish to. I now have just 1 month left until my ESA is time limited.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.