× Members

Statement of truth

• sarannie
  • Topic Author
11 years 7 months ago #92249 by sarannie
Statement of truth was created by sarannie
Hi, I have almost completed the ESA50 using the brilliant guides on here - thank you :)
I read on one post that somebody's partner (who was also their carer) wrote a statement of truth to add to the form. Is this of particular benefit and, if so, what could I say? On the DLA form there is a space where a partner or carer can write a statement about what impact the claimant's illness has on their life (or something like that) and I wondered if I should write something like that? I have, however, filled in the ESA50 on his behalf and will sign to say that I have done so I'm not sure whether this is necessary. What do you think?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #92251 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Statement of truth
sarannie wrote:

Hi, I have almost completed the ESA50 using the brilliant guides on here - thank you :)
I read on one post that somebody's partner (who was also their carer) wrote a statement of truth to add to the form. Is this of particular benefit and, if so, what could I say? On the DLA form there is a space where a partner or carer can write a statement about what impact the claimant's illness has on their life (or something like that) and I wondered if I should write something like that? I have, however, filled in the ESA50 on his behalf and will sign to say that I have done so I'm not sure whether this is necessary. What do you think?

A statement from a partner, relative, or carer can be of value when making a claim for DLA.

You say that you have completed the DLA form for your partner, I assume this was because they were unable to do so on their own, has this been done using their words that you have simply transcribed onto the form, or have they had no imput to the form and the words are wholly your own.

If the latter, then a I think a seperate statement by you will add nothing that is not already on the form, although this is not reason to write such a statement, obviously if the former, then a statement by you will add an extra dimension to the evidence available to the Decision MAker.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 7 months ago #92263 by Fizgog1
Replied by Fizgog1 on topic Re:Statement of truth
Hi, I think the more evidence you can add the better. I added a letter of support for my husband explaining how his condition affects him on a daily basis. Like you, I had to fill in his form on his behalf. I explained in my supporting letter how I thought he should be in the support group by explaining which descriptor he fitted. He also had a supporting GPs letter and was put in the support group.

• sarannie
  • Topic Author
11 years 7 months ago #92324 by sarannie
Replied by sarannie on topic Re:Statement of truth
Just wanted to say thank you for these very helpful replies. I meant to thank you all sooner but missed the forum opening hours.
:)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.