× Members

Condition deteriorated.

• smithy220
  • Topic Author
11 years 7 months ago #92254 by smithy220
Condition deteriorated. was created by smithy220
Hi guys,

I have posted on here a couple of times previously and have received some excellant advice so I am hoping someone might be able to advise me further.

I am in the process of waiting to hear of a tribunal date for my appeal for esa. I had a medical in March but only scored 6 points and was found fit for work.

In July i had an appt with my spinal consultant ( after waiting 9 months) and was told that the fusion that i had last year had failed quite severly, i now need a complete revision of the fusion plus extra metalwork put in and i am now on the surgery waiting list, plus i am waiting for pain injections and a small investigative op before the fusion.

I forwarded on the consultant letter that was sentto my doctor to the tribunel service who have acknowledged that they have received it .

I also contacted dwp as to the change in my circumstances and they sent out another esa50 to me in august which i filled out, included ct scan appt letter and consultant letter and also the treatment that i am waiting for a nd duly returned it before the 10th sept as stated.

Will they firstly take into consideration at my tribunel the change in my condition. Does the second esa50 that i returned becomea whole new claim and does the fact that i am now facing more major surgery with no garauntee of success prove that i am indeed unfit for work?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated because i have yet to hear anything from dwp.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #92256 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re:Condition deteriorated.
The tribunal can only consider things as they were when the first decision was made, they cannot take into account any more recent change.

Your new ESA50 will result in a new decision which will supersede the one made by the appeal tribunal.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #92257 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Condition deteriorated.
smithy220 wrote:

Hi guys,

I have posted on here a couple of times previously and have received some excellant advice so I am hoping someone might be able to advise me further.

I am in the process of waiting to hear of a tribunal date for my appeal for esa. I had a medical in March but only scored 6 points and was found fit for work.

In July i had an appt with my spinal consultant ( after waiting 9 months) and was told that the fusion that i had last year had failed quite severly, i now need a complete revision of the fusion plus extra metalwork put in and i am now on the surgery waiting list, plus i am waiting for pain injections and a small investigative op before the fusion.

I forwarded on the consultant letter that was sentto my doctor to the tribunel service who have acknowledged that they have received it .

I also contacted dwp as to the change in my circumstances and they sent out another esa50 to me in august which i filled out, included ct scan appt letter and consultant letter and also the treatment that i am waiting for a nd duly returned it before the 10th sept as stated.

Will they firstly take into consideration at my tribunel the change in my condition. Does the second esa50 that i returned becomea whole new claim and does the fact that i am now facing more major surgery with no garauntee of success prove that i am indeed unfit for work?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated because i have yet to hear anything from dwp.

Hi s220,

The Tribunal will only take into account your medical conditions, and resulting limited capabilities at the time of the "fit for work " decision that you have appealed.

Therefore, any new evidence of a change or deterioration in your condition after that time will not be relevant to your appeal.

As you have forwarded fresh evidence with regards to a"change in circumstances" and have filled in and returned another ESA50, you will be subject to a review/supersession of your existing "fit for work" decision.

As is the norm, it will not be a deterioration or change in your conditions that will give you an award of ESA in the WRAG or SG, it will be whether you qualify under the criteria of the relevant descriptors,or Exceptional Circumstances rules, see :

Qualifying for the Support Group

Qualifying for the WRAG

&

ESA Guides

If you were found to qualify for WRAG or SG on this review/supersession, the Tribunal would still make a decision on the original "fit for work" decision, if you were awarded WRAG or SG by the Tribunal, this award would run from the time of the original adverse decision to the date of the fresh review/supersession award.

Hope this explains it.

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by bro58.

• smithy220
  • Topic Author
11 years 7 months ago #92262 by smithy220
Replied by smithy220 on topic Re:Condition deteriorated.
Thanks to all that replied.

Hopefully the decision will go my way but we shall see.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.