× Members

DLA medical relevence

More
11 years 7 months ago #92289 by cynical_optimist
DLA medical relevence was created by cynical_optimist
I am having a DLA medical this Friday.

It has been requested by a tribunal panel, relating to an application I made in February 2012.

My understanding was, tribunals were supposed to make decisions based on condition at time of application - how can a medical 6 months later be relevant?

Best wishes all

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #92293 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:DLA medical relevence
cynical_optimist wrote:

I am having a DLA medical this Friday.

It has been requested by a tribunal panel, relating to an application I made in February 2012.

My understanding was, tribunals were supposed to make decisions based on condition at time of application - how can a medical 6 months later be relevant?

Best wishes all

Tribunals will request a medical when they believe that there is insufficent "independant" medical evidence for them to make a Decision.

As I understand it, the fact that a Decision cannot be made without the medical overrides the restriction on only looking at your original condition. You will be sent a copy of the report, and will have the opportunity to disagree with it's content before the hearing is re-convened.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #92304 by cynical_optimist
Replied by cynical_optimist on topic Re:DLA medical relevence
Thanks Gordon.

I'm glad to hear I'll have access to the report.

This makes me think the original decision was made hastily - I was not called in for a medical & I think I should have been.

I have provided:

My physio's notes.
A letter from my OT.
A letter from my neurologist.
A letter from my oldest friend.
A letter from my partner / carer.
MRI reports.
GP report & letter.
Balance Clinic, neurology, and rheumatology diagnosis reports.
Evidence of my Dyspraxia & ASD diagnoses.

And they require *more* evidence?!
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by .

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.