× Members

Would getting a part time job effect my esa appeal

More
11 years 7 months ago #92326 by wispafish
As i failed the medical and i was put on assessment rate i am struggling for money. Im tempting on trying to do a part time job but would they use it against me in the appeal?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #92329 by bro58
wispafish wrote:

As i failed the medical and i was put on assessment rate i am struggling for money. Im tempting on trying to do a part time job but would they use it against me in the appeal?
Thanks

Hi wf,

As starting work would be classed as a "Change in Circumstances", you would have to inform the DWP.

This would most likely trigger a re-assessment and a fresh ESA WCA process.

The Appeals Tribunal would only look at your "circumstances" at the time of the "fit for work" decision that you are appealing, so if you were not working at that time, it would not be taken into account.

However, if the Tribunal found in your favour, and placed you into the WRAG or SG, then this award would only be from the time of the adverse decision until the date of any award (Or not, if you were found "fit for work", once more) that you may be given on the new re-assessment.

Some kinds of work are classed as "Permitted Work", but only the DWP can decide this, see :

Permitted Work

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by bro58.

• nada678
11 years 7 months ago #92334 by nada678
Hello

To be honest, I wouldn't risk getting any kind of job
before your appeal, as I think the fact that you can do
some kind of work might well cause you to fail your
appeal.

I have often thought of trying to do a little job, but I
can't face being reassessed and possibly losing my ESA.

All the best,

Nada678

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.