× Members

Forum Opening Hours

More
11 years 7 months ago #92332 by Augustus
Forum Opening Hours was created by Augustus
Having previously asked the same, am again wondering whether the forums could be opened to new posts in the morning - even just one hour per week between Tues and Sat would be great.
Any chance?
Thanks
A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 7 months ago #92333 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Forum Opening Hours
Augustus wrote:

Having previously asked the same, am again wondering whether the forums could be opened to new posts in the morning - even just one hour per week between Tues and Sat would be great.
Any chance?
Thanks
A

Hi A,

I am not aware of any plans to extend the opening hours of the Forum at present.

You may wish to put your query to Steve Donnison the site owner at :

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

bro58

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
11 years 7 months ago #92351 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic Re:Forum Opening Hours
Augustus wrote:

Any chance?
Thanks
A

There are no plans to extend the forum opening hours at present nor in the near future. Currently, when members log in, they see the following list of moderators: moonsista, Crazydiamond, bro58, Jim Allison, Gareth , Steve Donnison, pete17971, Hardyards, Derek4, Gordon , Mrs Hurtyback, foss27, Bob Roberts

However, in fact this list also includes signposters and of these only only 1 posts infrequently.

Current moderators are Crazydiamond, bro58, Jim Allison, Gareth , Steve Donnison, pete17971, Derek4, Gordon & Mrs Hurtyback, Of these, two are off on long term sick leave for the foreseeable future. I now only deal with DLA/AA, PIP and Appeas. Lsat Monday I fell and broke 3 ribs, so am unable to post much and I'm advised that it will take 4-6 weeks, perhaps longer for my ribs to heal.

The bulk of posts are currently being answered by just 3 moderators Gordon,bro58 and Mrs Hurtyback who have to read all posts before publishing them mainly for legal reasons, and they are doing an amazing job, often answering posts when the forum is locked in order to keep up with the volume of posts.

May I also remind members that all moderators work on a voluntary basis, and all have severe disability/ severe chronic illness themselves.

Finally, the forum is provided as a courtesy to subscribing members and does not
form part of your subscription, which provides members with access to all Benefits and Work's guides in the members only area.

I hope this clarifies why we have to restrict members posting new posts from Monday to Friday, from 2.00 pm to 4.00 pm and again from 8.00 pm to 10.00 pm.

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 7 months ago #92353 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re:Forum Opening Hours
I hadn't realised that you had been 'in the wars' again Jim :( I am so sorry, I know that broken ribs are very, very painful, I wish you a speedy recovery.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #92359 by wasue
Replied by wasue on topic Re:Forum Opening Hours
Sorry to hear about your ribs Jim, it took my husband nearly six months for his to heal and he still has problems now 9 months later. Get well soon.
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.