× Members

Switch from ESA to Universal Credit

More
11 years 7 months ago #92335 by Augustus
Switch from ESA to Universal Credit was created by Augustus
I have heard some of the details about this new benefit and I am very concerned about the DWP paying benefit to ONE member of a household, and that it will be his/her responsibility to distribute the money to the other members.

I receive ESA and there are two other adults in my house receiving benefits and I foresee hassle and conflict if this process actually happens, never mind the concern about withdrawing large sums of money once a month at a PO or bank for three people.

What is the DWP's definition of a "household" and will people be able to insist on privacy by opting out and being paid for themselves, period?

Am really concerned and would be grateful for any feedback on this.
Thanks
A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #92336 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Switch from ESA to Universal Credit
Augustus wrote:

I have heard some of the details about this new benefit and I am very concerned about the DWP paying benefit to ONE member of a household, and that it will be his/her responsibility to distribute the money to the other members.

I receive ESA and there are two other adults in my house receiving benefits and I foresee hassle and conflict if this process actually happens, never mind the concern about withdrawing large sums of money once a month at a PO or bank for three people.

What is the DWP's definition of a "household" and will people be able to insist on privacy by opting out and being paid for themselves, period?

Am really concerned and would be grateful for any feedback on this.
Thanks
A

Hi A,

Only Income Related ESA is to be superseded by UC.

Contributary Based ESA will remain a "standalone" benefit.

Please see this thread in our Spotlight area for the most current information that we have. :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?func=vie...id=10&id=89018#89018

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.