× Members

Carers Allowance

• artie
  • Topic Author
11 years 7 months ago #92401 by artie
Carers Allowance was created by artie
Hi,I have searched and googled but can't find a definite answer.I receive esa(cont),my elderly father now requires alot of help from myself as he lives alone.My question is Can you claim carers allowance while in receipt of esa?Thanks for any help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #92402 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re:Carers Allowance
There is nothing to stop you applying for CA, as long as your caring duties are not at odds with your reported limitations.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
11 years 7 months ago #92403 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Carers Allowance
Hi A,

This may be helpful also, from the DWP website :

www.direct.gov.uk/en/CaringForSomeone/Mo...sAllowance/index.htm

bro58

More
11 years 7 months ago #92404 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Carers Allowance
artie wrote:

Hi,I have searched and googled but can't find a definite answer.I receive esa(cont),my elderly father now requires alot of help from myself as he lives alone.My question is Can you claim carers allowance while in receipt of esa?Thanks for any help

Carers Allowance and ESA are overlapping benefits which means only the highest paying benefit (e.g. ESA), will actually be paid. Also as he lives alone, your father may be eligible for the Severe Disability Premium, which would normally be stopped by someone claiming CA.

I would recommend you get face to face advice before making any decisions on this. See

Where to get advice?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
11 years 7 months ago #92406 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Carers Allowance
Gordon is correct.

See this website also :

www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice/help-wi...fects-other-benefits

bro58

• artie
  • Topic Author
11 years 7 months ago #92408 by artie
Replied by artie on topic Re:Carers Allowance
Thanks everyone,great advice.Alot clearer now.

Regards
Artie

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.