× Members

DLA FIRST CLAIM

• Georgei
  • Topic Author
11 years 7 months ago #92405 by Georgei
DLA FIRST CLAIM was created by Georgei
Hi, I have mental and physical illnesses. I am about to start filling in the claim form for DLA.I have read through the guides but I'm still confused. Are both mental and physical issues answered on the same form. e.g. Walking outdoors, would I put the physical and mental problems to answer this question . Another example would be cooking a meal for myself. They both sort of cross over. Any comments would be welcome. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #92407 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:DLA FIRST CLAIM
Georgei wrote:

Hi, I have mental and physical illnesses. I am about to start filling in the claim form for DLA.I have read through the guides but I'm still confused. Are both mental and physical issues answered on the same form. e.g. Walking outdoors, would I put the physical and mental problems to answer this question . Another example would be cooking a meal for myself. They both sort of cross over. Any comments would be welcome. Thanks

There is only one form for both physical and mental health issues.

Don't allow yourself to be constrained by the form, so if both your conditions effect how you would answer a particular question, then provide multiple answers, provide as many examples as are relevant to your conditions and the question.

I hope this explains it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Georgei
  • Topic Author
11 years 7 months ago #92410 by Georgei
Replied by Georgei on topic Re:DLA FIRST CLAIM
Thanks ever so much Gordon, you have answered my query and put my mind at ease about this.
Georgei

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris